Thread: Can 3 UL Backs Reach Their Potential in 2018?

1. UL Football Can 3 UL Backs Reach Their Potential in 2018?

You talk to some UL Ragin’ Cajun football fans and they’ll contend sophomore bowling ball back Trey Ragas needs to get more carries.

Others think sophomore running back Elijah Mitchell could do more damage with an increased workload.

Still others love pure speed and would vote for junior speedster Raymond Calais to get his number called more often

2. Default Re: Can 3 UL Backs Reach Their Potential in 2018?

All purpose yards

T Ragas 468
    R Calais 399
    E Mitchell 202

Default Re: Can 3 UL Backs Reach Their Potential in 2018?

Been saying this since last year.Calias needs 10-12 touches per game, including kick returns!

Good things happen with the ball in his hand. I would love to see his +20 yard gain to touch ratio.

I like Mitchell’s style of running. 2 of the three could be feature backs on a lot of teams

I want all 3 to get 20 touches a game. In other words, Run the damn ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Been saying this since last year.Calias needs 10-12 touches per game, including kick returns!

Good things happen with the ball in his hand. I would love to see his +20 yard gain to touch ratio.
    I like Calais as well but his time should not come at the expense of Mitchell IMO. Mitchell is our best all purpose back in regards to rushing and receiving as well as blocking. If anything, Mitchell needs to be on the field more than what he's been thus far. Also, a possible thought is why not put two of our backs in the backfield at the same time. There are plenty of things we can run with them together.

7. Default Re: Can 3 UL Backs Reach Their Potential in 2018?

I'm still happy Mitchell is playing at all.

I was worried all Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    . Also, a possible thought is why not put two of our backs in the backfield at the same time. There are plenty of things we can run with them together.
    .paging Boomer.

Thread Information