Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead to TXST

Default Looking ahead to TXST

From a fan’s perspective, let’s immediately move on from Bama. We roll into San Marcos next week. TXST has this week off. We’re both 1-3 with the only wins coming over FCS teams. There will not be many games that the metrics have us winning, but this is one.

Things in our favor:
    We can certainly score and TXST gives up a lot of points.
    We have owned TXST since they joined the belt.
    Our group of running backs can win us games like this against similarly a matched team.

Things not in our favor:
    Their QB is their leading rusher. We have a problem with mobile QBs.
    We’re on the road.
    Our defense. Enough said.

Let’s just geaux and win.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    From a fan’s perspective, let’s immediately move on from Bama. We roll into San Marcos next week. TXST has this week off. We’re both 1-3 with the only wins coming over FCS teams. There will not be many games that the metrics have us winning, but this is one.

Things in our favor:
    We can certainly score and TXST gives up a lot of points.
    We have owned TXST since they joined the belt.
    Our group of running backs can win us games like this against similarly a matched team.

Things not in our favor:
    Their QB is their leading rusher. We have a problem with mobile QBs.
    We’re on the road.
    Our defense. Enough said.

Let’s just geaux and win.
    This is a must win.

Default Re: Looking ahead to TXST

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    This is a must win.
    ABSOLUTELY!

Usually it’s always a good day to be a Bobcat, but not next Saturday. It’s going to be ugly for them. We run for over 300 yards and maintain a large clock and scoreboard advantage.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    This is a must win.
    Defense has to make improvements on tackling , reads & communication

Offensively we should give Gibson a shot at QB

We just don’t have any upper classman talent on defense and we are very very thin too. We are mediocre at QB and that is very evident when playing teams as good or better than us athletically.

3 year rebuilding project.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Defense has to make improvements on tackling , reads & communication

Offensively we should give Gibson a shot at QB
    We know absolutely nothing about Gibson. I trust the coaches to know if he is ready to see the field ahead of either Lewis or Nunez. And before anyone says it . YES, he can be worse, much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    We know absolutely nothing about Gibson. I trust the coaches to know if he is ready to see the field ahead of either Lewis or Nunez. And before anyone says it . YES, he can be worse, much worse.
    Yes. If Gibson was better he would be starting. Good football players do not sit the bench at UL.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Can't see us losing this one. Cajuns by 14.

I'm ok with Nunez he is not bad. We still can't get separation on routes what is he to do. Now next year worries me at Quarterback I haven't seen the answer on the field this year. Thank goodness for Texas State. CC hurt but from what happened yesterday the west is wide open.

Cajuns open as 3.5 pt favorites

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Cajuns open as 3.5 pt favorites
    Texas State is a very bad team. We should win this one easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Texas State is a very bad team. We should win this one easily.
    I agree we should win this one but I don't think any wins are going to come "easy" this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Yes. If Gibson were better he would be starting. Good football players do not sit the bench at UL.
    Some players ball out in practice and stink in the game (Lewis), and others suck in practice and ball out in the game (Baer).

There is no harm throwing Gibson in for a few series not like he can redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Some players ball out in practice and stink in the game (Lewis), and others suck in practice and ball out in the game (Baer).

There is no harm throwing Gibson in for a few series not like he can redshirt.
    The harm is that he could turn the ball over and cause us to lose a winnable game at Texas St. If Napier wants to put him in during a blowout that sounds reasonable, but he and his staff are paid a lot of money to win football games. I highly doubt a better QB option is sitting on the bench. I said this several times, but I will say it again.highly skilled football players do not sit on the bench at UL. There is no solution other than scheming around the limitations of our current starters.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information