Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Looking ahead to TXST

Default Re: Looking ahead to TXST

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Please read my initial post. I did not say they have to start from day one. I said impactful players get on the field very early in their careers at UL. Delhomme, Mitchell, Stokley, Fenroy, Harris, Green, Lawson. I could go on and on. My point is...a Redshirt junior should be getting meaningful snaps if he is a difference maker for us.
    Here is your quote "I said this several times, but I will say it again...highly skilled football players do not sit on the bench at UL".

Tell me, where was Delhomme before he ran out onto the field? The bench maybe?

2. Default

No I am not. Back then you could watch practice. He was obviously the man in fall practice, but he was small back then. Were you watching the practices also?
    Ill let basinbear explain this one to you.

I’m glad some of you think our 3rd string QB may be the answer. I gave you a historical perspective on why that is probably not the case. Is it impossible for him to be the answer? No, anything is possible. It is just not a likely outcome for a team that is desperate for talented players. Later guys. Have a busy rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    He has on this site before. There was no way he was not going to be a 4year starter. The staff just pushed up the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Here is your quote "I said this several times, but I will say it again...highly skilled football players do not sit on the bench at UL".

Tell me, where was Delhomme before he ran out onto the field? The bench maybe?
    4 year starter.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Gibson did not come into the program until summer other QB's had a 5-month head start. QB is a position where guys who have superior talent sometimes sit the bench for guys who have a better understanding of the scheme. Not saying he is our savior but the 2nd half of the season I would not be upset if we threw him into a game instead of Lewis.
    Gibson enrolled in August, he didn't get time with his teammates from my understanding.

Have to say I was told that Louis Cook wanted to play Jake.

4 year starter.
    And where was he when the season started? What spot on the depth chart? Where I come from everything below 1 is the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    And where was he when the season started? What spot on the depth chart? Where I come from everything below 1 is the bench.
    Game 2. Where was he? Are we really arguing over this? Dude was a giant star from his first season on. The kid will probably not get a snap for us this year unless we have an injury.

Nm

100000% wrong
    That may not be totally accurate, but 100,000 percent is a bit much.

The plan was to redshirt Jake. after we used FOUR quarterbacks in the first half against Utah State and threw four picks, Lewis Cook went to Stokely and said "we are going to play the freshman." Stokley said if that was the case than we needed to make a total commitment. Cook replied, "We are going to play the freshman."

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    That may not be totally accurate, but 100,000 percent is a bit much.

The plan was to redshirt Jake. after we used FOUR quarterbacks in the first half against Utah State and threw four picks, Lewis Cook went to Stokely and said "we are going to play the freshman." Stokley said if that was the case than we needed to make a total commitment. Cook replied, "We are going to play the freshman."
    I had the privilege of hearing Coach Cook and Jake talk about this story at an awards banquet a few years ago. Jake was sitting in his locker with his hat on drinking some Gatorade. Coach Cook basically walked up, pointed to him and said, “You’re in.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information