Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G4: Louisiana 14 Alabama 56

1. Default Re: G4 Final: Louisiana 14 Alabama 56

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    By your numbers there are a minimum of 25 5-star players on their roster .

The emphasis stays on 5-star.

A 5-star Alabama scout should smash UL's 4-star players.

A 4-Star Alabama Scout should be able to demolish UL's 3-star players.

Alabama's 3-star players should be able to hang with UL's 2-star players.

Alabama's 2-Star scouts should smother UL's 1-star players.

Alabama's 1-star roster should beat UL's walkons.

UL doesn't have all their scholarships in use so I'm not going to mention Alabama walkons.

All except the freshmen scouts have more time under Saban than UL's entire team have under Napier.

Their scout team should have rolled over UL. But they didn't.

I can't emphasize enough "5-star" players on the scout team.
    Probably at least 80% of the starters on this Alabama team this year were the players playing "mop up" in one or two of the past two years. Those that "mop up" for bama these days, year in and year out, eventually are the ones thereafter competing for national championships as starters the next year and year after, they are all DAMN good.

Default Re: G4 Final: Louisiana 14 Alabama 56

Manac continues to impress. Saw Porter get in the backfield a couple of times. We really need McCaskill's athleticism on defense. I continue to like what I see from Moncrief. Unless my eyes were playing tricks on me, I think Butler made nice open field tackle on their RB. If it wasn't Butler then it was Garror, it was 16 or 19.

That is a very small skeleton of a future defense, but it is something. JUCO Safety and CB should be a big priority, I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Manac continues to impress. Saw Porter get in the backfield a couple of times. We really need McCaskill's athleticism on defense. I continue to like what I see from Moncrief. Unless my eyes were playing tricks on me, I think Butler made nice open field tackle on their RB. If it wasn't Butler then it was Garror, it was 16 or 19.

That is a very small skeleton of a future defense, but it is something. JUCO Safety and CB should be a big priority, I would think.
    Butler forced the dropped pass in the red zone with a good break on ball. That was of our only two third down stops. What I would like to see is some forced punts. None today and Coastal only had three last week from what I recall. When we force four or more in a game that will be an indication of progress. Yes, Ragas is a man but Mitchell is a good back in many ways. In fact he is more likely to play in the NFL than Ragas due to how quickly he hits the hole. His run down the sideline was our longest play of the day. We have one of the best running back duos in the league.

I like the offensive adjustments we are making at halftime. The next step for the coaching staff is making them in-game. That is a product of coaching AND having the experienced players that can do it.

Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Butler forced the dropped pass in the red zone with a good break on ball. That was of our only two third down stops. What I would like to see is some forced punts. None today and Coastal only had three last week from what I recall. When we force four or more in a game that will be an indication of progress. Yes, Ragas is a man but Mitchell is a good back in many ways. In fact he is more likely to play in the NFL than Ragas due to how quickly he hits the hole. His run down the sideline was our longest play of the day. We have one of the best running back duos in the league.
    I missed that being Butler. I like that he is getting those productive reps. I also forgot about AJ Riley. He has speed off the edge, he needs to add 20-30 lbs and keep that speed, but he is getting a lot of reps this season.

I think in addition to safety and CB. I would pursue a Juco DE, DT, NT, OLB and ILB.

Whomever said the season would end 3-8 will win the bet

9. Default Re: G4 Final: Louisiana 14 Alabama 56

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Now, now, let's not get ahead of ourselves - that's why they play the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Agree on the RB duo. In fact we have three good RB. It’s a shame we do not have a talented QB, because we could really keep teams off balance with our solid WR.

You do know we play a minimum of 12 games right? 3+8=11 where I went to school.

12. Default Re: G4 Final: Louisiana 14 Alabama 56

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    You do know we play a minimum of 12 games right? 3+8=11 where I went to school.
    That was the OLD math.

I listened to what I could while I was working. Our guys were shell shocked at first but seemed to settle down. Our conditoning is obviously a lot better and what talent we have we don't quit. I think we can improve but with our overall talent our ceiling won't be high unless we get some breaks here on out. I cant wait to see our upcoming class sign. Fingers crossed .

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    By your numbers there are a minimum of 25 5-star players on their roster .

The emphasis stays on 5-star.

A 5-star Alabama scout should smash UL's 4-star players.

A 4-Star Alabama Scout should be able to demolish UL's 3-star players.

Alabama's 3-star players should be able to hang with UL's 2-star players.

Alabama's 2-Star scouts should smother UL's 1-star players.

Alabama's 1-star roster should beat UL's walkons.

UL doesn't have all their scholarships in use so I'm not going to mention Alabama walkons.

All except the freshmen scouts have more time under Saban than UL's entire team have under Napier.

Their scout team should have rolled over UL. But they didn't.

I can't emphasize enough "5-star" players on the scout team.
    Do you know what a scout team is and does?

3 pts away from being 2-2.lots of football left,

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . LastLast

Thread Information