Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G3: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

1. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Don't ever underestimate the power of the Genius.

Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

I do agree that we need to stop using Lewis at QB during the game, he needs to be ready if something happens to Nunez, but that's it. There is no reason to force this issue anymore. We severely lack talent at the QB position. It is what it is until Napier can get some guys in the program.

Who are the new recruits from Napier, and did they play?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You almost lost to the Polytechnics dip____.
    Btw, this is not Twitter you ___king goat taint.
    What’s up with your hatred toward La Tech dude? Dumped by some redneck chick with 4 teeth from north Louisiana back in the day ? It would be one thing if we owned them on the football field over the years but that’s hardly the case. In fact, the “Polytechnics” own our &$S 48-33-6 over the years. Have also been to far more bowl games and have put more players in the NFL than we have. Look it up. And NO, I’m not a Tech fan. I just know what would happen if they played this Hud 2.0 team we have right now.

5. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Guys, everyone calm down. This was a classic trap game. We got caught with our pants down, looking ahead to Alabama.
    Non students of the game don't comprehend that a trap game is simply a game that you tend to lose focus on.

We had no less than 6 threads on the Alabama game for Coastal week.

Players are no different, and in fact may be more susceptible to looking ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    What's up with your hatred toward La Tech dude? Dumped by some redneck chick with 4 teeth from north Louisiana back in the day ? It would be one thing if we owned them on the football field over the years but that's hardly the case. In fact, the "Polytechnics" own our &$S 48-33-6 over the years. Have also been to far more bowl games and have put more players in the NFL than we have. Look it up. And NO, I'm not a Tech fan. I just know what would happen if they played this Hud 2.0 team we have right now.
    And we’re on an 8 game losing streak against Tech as well.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    BLU, nice effort in BR. You won't get that from most of these guys. I do appreciate a good effort from big underdogs. Good luck the rest of the way.

Same here, anything can happen. Just ask V Tech.
    Good luck

8. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    To have control of the game you'd need to have the lead. We were never going to have the lead and lost control in the second quarter. Putting Lewis in did not lose the game and it did not lose control because we had lost control long before that.
    Barnes juggle as he went out of bounds at the end of the first half was the difference in the game.

It led to a 10-point swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Barnes juggle as he went out of bounds at the end of the first half was the difference in the game.

It led to a 10-point swing.
    It is a bit tough to juggle barns when they are full of roosters. My only comment on the game. I like the 24 hour rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Non students of the game don't comprehend that a trap game is simply a game that you tend to lose focus on.

We had no less than 6 threads on the Alabama game for Coastal week.

Players are no different, and in fact may be more susceptible to looking ahead.
    I disappear for a while, come back, and find out that Turbine is still the smartest guy in the room!

No doubt this was a tough loss. These are the games our program needs to win convincingly. However some just see the name Coastal Carolina and expect a W. They have a good coach and solid system that creates problems for teams.
    Their only loss was to South Carolina and they ran over UAB and Campbell. The system beat us last night. I'd say we have a bit more talent but they have implemented an offensive system that they have been able to recruit for while we are still trying to figure out an identity in Napier's 3rd game.

We all knew the offense would have to carry the defense this year. I expected to win this game 40-30 in a high scoring affair. It took us awhile to really get going on offense and we never could fully catch up despite a solid effort in the 2nd half. Some positives...2 100 yard rushers, we are 10 for 10 in the red zone...Nunez is a solid QB...don't have much to say on defense but we came out after falling behind 23-7 and gave ourselves a chance to win the game. Tough loss but definitely not the end of the world. Give the new coach some time.

Very disapointed in the crowd though. Where were the students that showed up in the home opener? Maybe weather was a factor but we didn't have great weather in the first game either. Hopefully the crowd will improve with better weather next time.

Just need to keep this loss in perspective. Hopefully we don't lose too many casual fans because of one game but that's how it often goes around here. Curious to see how Coastal handles themselves in the Sun Belt this year. They have an interesting team with that spread option.

Last night we learned that our margin of error in a game is extremely small. Our coaching staff should have seen this as well. Hopefully, it was a learning process for all involved. We are going to have to play ball control football the remainder of the season to pick up some wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    It is extremely fair to want to see improvement on both. I'm just saying that 3 games is not enough time to decide. Success is never a straight line, there are peaks and valleys. I still think we are a 6-6 team, and will be 3-3 after 6 games.
    Decide what?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    We can agree to disagree I never said control of the game we had seize momentum. Our kids had fought back and stopped them in the read zone by getting a turnover. As bad as our defense played they never quit. Yes inserting Lewis made a big difference. Would it have changed the out come we will never know.
    You didn't say it but another poster did which is what I was commenting on. He said that we would have had control of the game had they not inserted Lewis into the game. Our defense did not allow us to have any control of the game and we were still down by a score when it occurred. I'm not sure what else to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    So, defense forcing two punts, knocking starting QB out of game, and forcing a turnover to give the offense the ball back down by two didn’t give the Cajuns a chance to take control?

If Billy doesn’t force Lewis in on that drive and Nunez leads ANOTHER Cajuns scoring drive CC folds.
    You said we would have been in control of the game had we not inserted Lewis in for Nunez. We were still down and I don't know how you have control of the game when you are still down and letting them run all over you. Our running game delivered those scores, not Nunez and the passing game. To be honest, I don't think it was a good decision as well but I can't say that we lost control of a game we never had control of to begin with. Its just semantics at this point anyhow.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information