Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G3: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by bleeo537 View Post
    The point im making is give it time, stop all the crying
    Your post said the problem isn’t the coaches or players.

Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Guys, everyone calm down. This was a classic trap game. We got caught with our pants down, looking ahead to Alabama.

3. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Y’all can make all the detailed critiques and spin the story line whichever way you want. You can talk about coaching changes, and schedules and talent, all you want. Here is the bottom line folks:

It’s 2018. We’ve invested MILLIONS into our football program over the last decade. We’re paying top level compensation for coaches and have been for the better part of a decade.

And we can’t beat an FCS callup with a back up QB, with most of its team not knowing if they have a home to go back to today. And we probably won’t compete, in the mother ___king sun belt conference, AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by bleeo537 View Post
    The problem with UL is not coaches or the players ,its the fans i think we have some of the worst fans in the country. The previous coaches left this program in a mess, and yet while somethings are not perfect, i see kids out there playing hard, yea its unfortunate we did get the win.it burns my ___ more than anything to see people on here call out kids,saying there not d1, who the F are u, if you dont like the way . things are going dont come .stay home no ones making you come
    And who the F are you with your 9 total posts to come here and start lecturing people?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Guys, everyone calm down. This was a classic trap game. We got caught with our pants down, looking ahead to Alabama.
    Trap game for what?

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    This is a team that is going to play hard all year and slowly improve as some of the new guys get confidence and experience. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lewis get more reps as it becomes more clear that we aren't winning much. Wouldn't be surprised to see us playing a lot tougher by the end of the season.
    I am not philosophically opposed to this position. In fact, I kind of expected, and even hoped for this scenario with the new hire, and up until yesterday’s game, I was very pleased with what I saw on the field. I did not expect more than 4 or 5 wins this year. I know it is a process, but what irritates me to no end is the losing due to coaching error (at least that’s the way I perceive it). If Napier wants to alternate Lewis in at quarterback, fine; I don’t agree with that philosophy, but fine. What I can’t stand, is when we have a chance to possibly win, but as a coach, you either can’t recognize that you shouldn’t put Lewis in and disrupt the momentum, or you’re too stubborn to veer from your script. That’s not to say that if Nunez is left in, we win, but the correct decision at that moment was to “break script”, and leave Nunez in at QB.

Default Re: Game On Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    T,

Honestly, I'm shocked by what I saw tonight. Especially on defense. Based on performance tonight, I don't know how much the coaching staff can improve the defensive side of the ball.

You are right about our QB situation. I watched Nunez closely tonight. He has definite difficulty with the timing of his passes. Luckily, our tall receivers were able to make some plays.
    Like I said, the defense has no playmakers. I thought we'd do better offensively but we almost reverted back to Hud ball. Jump balls to receivers, no use the middle of the field for the passing game (No TE passes and rarely anybody in the slot working the middle of the field). What happened to that offense we ran in the first drive of the MS State game? The game I saw last night was exactly what we were watching last year at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    I am not philosophically opposed to this position. In fact, I kind of expected, and even hoped for this scenario with the new hire, and up until yesterday’s game, I was very pleased with what I saw on the field. I did not expect more than 4 or 5 wins this year. I know it is a process, but what irritates me to no end is the losing due to coaching error (at least that’s the way I perceive it). If Napier wants to alternate Lewis in at quarterback, fine; I don’t agree with that philosophy, but fine. What I can’t stand, is when we have a chance to possibly win, but as a coach, you either can’t recognize that you shouldn’t put Lewis in and disrupt the momentum, or you’re too stubborn to veer from your script. That’s not to say that if Nunez is left in, we win, but the correct decision at that moment was to “break script”, and leave Nunez in at QB.
    I'll co-sign that

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    All I know is I'm not even going to turn on the game next weekend. Alabama is going to have to try hard to NOT hang 100 on us.
    I agree. I'll be playing golf or washing my car during that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This game was winnable.

I suspect the "crisis" mode of looking back at the last game hurt the preparation for this game.

Must have a feel for the game you are in.
    Or maybe Coastal has more seniors than us right ?

Any word on Zion?

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Please tell us you’re not serious. Please. Bama will have to pump the brakes to try not to score 70 points against this flag football defense.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    We did? Maybe our skill position players on offense but that's about it. But then they weren't the ones that lost the game it was the defense.
    That team did not have more talent than us. I don't care what some are going to say but we were as talented or more than CC everywhere outside of maybe the defensive secondary. We abandoned everything on offense that hinted we would be successful this year through the first two games. There was absolutely no misdirection, little play action passing and our running game was mostly just pounding the A gap with the exception of Calais' first big run where he got outside.

We threw jump balls to receivers ALL night. Our passing game looked identical to last year. We didn't work any part of the middle part of the field in the passing game where we really could have taken advantage of their safeties with Jalen Williams and/or Malone. Malone didn't get hardly any looks and he's been one of our most consistent guys. I just don't get it.

I think its pretty safe to say that we don't have a ton of speed or athleticism on defense. We NEED to blitz more to help create some turnovers. We are going to give up points which I think everyone knows but you have to do something to try to get sacks and turnovers. Oh, and you have to love the soft zone with no QB pressure on 3rd and 21 and they convert the first down.

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    Coastal just won the national championship a few years ago guys. Everyone needs to chill out.
    This is what happens when we start posting while pounding a few beers back and everyone's emotional lol

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Cajuns would be in control of the game had Billy not benched Nunez for Lewis after two TD drives to start second half.
    This is inaccurate. Our defense disallowed any chances of taking control of the game, particularly when we are allowing ourselves to get down by 3 scores.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread Information