Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G3: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    This game was lost on two boneheaded moments.

1. Letting CCU go 68 yards in :24 to close out the 1st half.
    2. Putting Lewis in for Nunez once we got within 2.
    Sadly, the game was lost because we repeatedly could not get a stop on defense. They ate clock and controlled the tempo of the game.

Default Re: Game On Louisiana vs Coastal

I'm disappointed in the way the last two weeks unfolded guys, but try to be a little rational here. This team is the product of sanctions and very poor recruiting by the previous staff. The truth is that our talent level is pretty similar to Coastal Carolina's and that showed with a 2 point outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    Just back from the game, initially posted on wrong thread. (Flabbergasted, this is a game we should win and that’s that) Three take aways from game- we had more talent on the field, Carolina much more aggresive offensive play calling, we were out coached.
    And we still have an FCS level defense

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    Just listened to post game presser. Liked what I heard with the exception of what he said about Lewis. If anyone on staff believes Lewis is a competent D1 QB, then they are delusional. Not saying anything bad about the kids character or anything like that, but he should not be behind center ever again.
    I'm thinking Naps doesn't want Lewis to transfer and be stuck with one QB like what happened to Nebraska

Wrong thread x 2; but none the less, we had more talent on the field, Carolina was much more aggressive with offensive playcalling, we were out coached .3 major take aways from tonights game.

6. Default Re: Game On Louisiana vs Coastal

Stanford and Oregon regulation ending was similar to ours, except Stanford actually took the ball away on third down, and drove 40 yards to tie the game and ultimately win in overtime b

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I'm disappointed in the way the last two weeks unfolded guys, but try to be a little rational here. This team is the product of sanctions and very poor recruiting by the previous staff. The truth is that our talent level is pretty similar to Coastal Carolina's and that showed with a 2 point outcome.
    Absolutely correct. This team will work to improve in a very tough conference. The talent level for most of the conference is pretty similar. It's going to be a lot of fun watching this team improve this season and in the seasons to come. I stand by the belief that we will have the second best program in the state in three years or less.

I'm not sure what game you were watching, but we had no where close to more talent on the field than CC. The only positions we had more talent was at RB and WR.

I am frustrated by the loss and no doubt Napier made mistakes, but once again, I believe we are much better off than if Hud was still here. This team has more character and fight to them without a doubt. We lose this game by at least 3 TD's with Hud as coach.

I would love a quick fix, but it ain't happening. If we can be 3-3 going into the 2nd half of the season, I will be a satisfied.

Lastly, this loss seems very bad right now, but let's see where CC ends up for the season. They may surprise some folks and be an 8-4 team. They have won 5 of their last 6 games.

We dont have an attack style defense we are reacting to slow to plays on defense.when you play a three man front you ve got to have fast linebackers we dont have that we have good ones but not fast ones.

If our top 50 ranked class holds together coupled with several good JC's join, and we get rid of some our dead weight, next year looks to improve but we will be young. Who knows, with a legit D1 QB, anything is possible. We started year with 65 scholly players and added some via walk ons Not an impressive resume'

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I'm not sure what game you were watching, but we had no where close to more talent on the field than CC. The only positions we had more talent was at RB and WR.

I am frustrated by the loss and no doubt Napier made mistakes, but once again, I believe we are much better off than if Hud was still here. This team has more character and fight to them without a doubt. We lose this game by at least 3 TD's with Hud as coach.

I would love a quick fix, but it ain't happening. If we can be 3-3 going into the 2nd half of the season, I will be a satisfied.

Lastly, this loss seems very bad right now, but let's see where CC ends up for the season. They may surprise some folks and be an 8-4 team. They have won 5 of their last 6 games.
    Quit making excuses. You sound like the actual rain man 👨

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by nlucajun View Post
    Absolutely correct. This team will work to improve in a very tough conference. The talent level for most of the conference is pretty similar. It's going to be a lot of fun watching this team improve this season and in the seasons to come. I stand by the belief that we will have the second best program in the state in three years or less.
    We've been saying this now for at least the last 40 years, and it simply isn't happening. I don't know why, but we seem destined to have a poor to mediocre football program at best. Maybe we'd be better off if we concentrated only on MBB, baseball, and softball.

I can't worry myself with it anymore. Losing to Coastal Carolina ended this season for me.

So. About that move to a new conference?

Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

We need to come out and run the triple option the only way we win is to eat clock it will be a long year if our defense goes on the field.

Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

We have perfected the ability to make other teams look great. As Andy Griffith would say: "awful, just awwwfffullll!" 3 games into the season and we are already talking about next year. The only thing that is for sure next year is that we will be talking about the next year being the one.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread Information