Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G3: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Bama is in for a surprise baby. We comin. Dey ain’t gonna know what hit em. Every network is going to switch programming as we enter the fourth quarter. Saban is going to have a coronary. We will forever referred to as lsuam big brother

Relax guys. The sun came up and we are still alive. It may take awhile but Coach Nape will get it fixed
    Bama looks to be two deep with All SEC talent at every position. Saturday will be a brutal experience for our team. Even though the Tide will have their starters on the bench midway through the 2nd quarter, they'll still score at least 70 on us.

We need to run the clock and get out of there as quickly as possible. Too bad we won't be playing Arkansas or Nebraska instead.

This game came down to one thing, our inability to stop their option. They ate clock, kept us off the field, and executed a good game plan. We had the more talented team in general, but there is a huge need for more speed in our front 7. Offensively, we simply should have scored every time we had the football. We have plenty of talent on that side of the ball to where even with the struggles of our defense, we should have been able to score enough to win last night.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So once again, I'm asking for someone to point out to me why we can't at least expect to see improvement from last year? We have many of the same players and many people were high on the new ones that Napier brought in this year. I don't think many people are expecting 9 wins or anything. I'm just looking to see some improvement on both offense and defense. Things in scheme and use of personnel can be effective immediately.

I can even handle a loss last night although its very disappointing. I can handle that if we have a more effective passing attack using all parts of the field rather than just lobbing jump balls all game to the outside. I can handle a defense that lacks athleticism but why not blitz more, especially when there is a freshman QB in the game? I'd rather give up 30+ points being aggressive and forcing the QB's hand versus playing base defense all game.
    It is extremely fair to want to see improvement on both. I'm just saying that 3 games is not enough time to decide. Success is never a straight line, there are peaks and valleys. I still think we are a 6-6 team, and will be 3-3 after 6 games.

Quote Originally Posted by BLU View Post
    Dang, everything ok in crawfish town Lafayette?
    Bama next, dang I feel bad for you guys.
    The next six days, for cajun fans, is going to be like knowing there is a Cat 5 hurricane coming right for you in the gulf. You know its coming and you can try to prepare the best you can but there is nothing you can do to change the fact that its going to beat the ____ out of you. So instead, you get liquored up and try to just lessen the blow by being hammered and having fun. That's going to be the case come Bama game day. Thankfully its in the morning. I think I'll go play golf instead. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    It is extremely fair to want to see improvement on both. I'm just saying that 3 games is not enough time to decide. Success is never a straight line, there are peaks and valleys. I still think we are a 6-6 team, and will be 3-3 after 6 games.
    3 games is certainly enough to give you reason for concern, especially when the worst game of the bunch came against a "like" opponent.

This is inaccurate. Our defense disallowed any chances of taking control of the game, particularly when we are allowing ourselves to get down by 3 scores.
    I totally disagree these kids had fought back defense got a big turnover and we had seize momentum it was an ill advise time to put Lewis in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I totally disagree these kids had fought back defense got a big turnover and we had seize momentum it was an ill advise time to put Lewis in the game.
    To have control of the game you'd need to have the lead. We were never going to have the lead and lost control in the second quarter. Putting Lewis in did not lose the game and it did not lose control because we had lost control long before that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    I am not philosophically opposed to this position. In fact, I kind of expected, and even hoped for this scenario with the new hire, and up until yesterday’s game, I was very pleased with what I saw on the field. I did not expect more than 4 or 5 wins this year. I know it is a process, but what irritates me to no end is the losing due to coaching error (at least that’s the way I perceive it). If Napier wants to alternate Lewis in at quarterback, fine; I don’t agree with that philosophy, but fine. What I can’t stand, is when we have a chance to possibly win, but as a coach, you either can’t recognize that you shouldn’t put Lewis in and disrupt the momentum, or you’re too stubborn to veer from your script. That’s not to say that if Nunez is left in, we win, but the correct decision at that moment was to “break script”, and leave Nunez in at QB.
    I agree that it is appropriate to question inserting Lewis into the game at that point in the second half. Still the biggest problem remains lack of talent on defense and that won't change until improved recruiting begins to show benefit. Making matters worse is that Hill may miss significant time due to the shoulder injury suffered last night. He is one of our best DL and none of the backups are close to his talent level.

Quote Originally Posted by bleeo537 View Post
    The problem with UL is not coaches or the players ,its the fans i think we have some of the worst fans in the country. The previous coaches left this program in a mess, and yet while somethings are not perfect, i see kids out there playing hard, yea its unfortunate we did get the win.it burns my ___ more than anything to see people on here call out kids,saying there not d1, who the F are u, if you dont like the way . things are going dont come .stay home no ones making you come
    I was on my way home from church thinking SOME of the same things. We grew up in a different generation I don't care how these young men get themselves pumped up on the side lines. Some complain about the music. I sit next to a very diverse bunch and I can promise you all colors, shape and religions enjoy the music. These are young people that could be other places on a rainy Saturday night but they are at Cajun Field buying beer and food. The loss hurt but its not the end of the world. JMO

To have control of the game you'd need to have the lead. We were never going to have the lead and lost control in the second quarter. Putting Lewis in did not lose the game and it did not lose control because we had lost control long before that.
    We can agree to disagree I never said control of the game we had seize momentum. Our kids had fought back and stopped them in the read zone by getting a turnover. As bad as our defense played they never quit. Yes inserting Lewis made a big difference. Would it have changed the out come we will never know.

11. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    We can agree to disagree I never said control of the game we had seize momentum. Our kids had fought back and stopped them in the read zone by getting a turnover. As bad as our defense played they never quit. Yes inserting Lewis made a big difference. Would it have changed the out come we will never know.
    No one in good conscious can say it was the proper move to insert Lewis in the game after two scoring drives by Nunez at that time BECAUSE IT WAS ON THE SCRIPT and especially after Lewis' first series. It was just a bad call and hopefully he learns from it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    No one in good conscious can say it was the proper move to insert Lewis in the game after two scoring drives by Nunez at that time BECAUSE IT WAS ON THE SCRIPT and especially after Lewis' first series. It was just a bad call and hopefully he learns from it.
    Agreed! Bad call! It doesn't matter that those 14 points were set up on the ground.keep the hot hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Agreed! Bad call! It doesn't matter that those 14 points were set up on the ground.keep the hot hand!
    Now that it probably cost him a game, let’s see if he learns from mistakes.

14. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Now that it probably cost him a game, let’s see if he learns from mistakes.
    Oh, I have a great feeling that the SCRIPT won't be so sacrosinc going forward.

This is inaccurate. Our defense disallowed any chances of taking control of the game, particularly when we are allowing ourselves to get down by 3 scores.
    So, defense forcing two punts, knocking starting QB out of game, and forcing a turnover to give the offense the ball back down by two didn’t give the Cajuns a chance to take control?

If Billy doesn’t force Lewis in on that drive and Nunez leads ANOTHER Cajuns scoring drive CC folds.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information