Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27

Thread: 2018 FB G3: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Don't ever underestimate the power of the Genius.
    Is that a self proculation? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    I disappear for a while, come back, and find out that Turbine is still the smartest guy in the room!
    LOL. I guarantee that this was no trap game. This was the first conference opponent and i guarantee that the coaches are preaching and looking at the CCU game being more important than the Alabama game which NOBODY expects to go in and win. Why would we lose focus on a conference opponent between two games we have little to no chance to win?

3. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    LOL. I guarantee that this was no trap game. This was the first conference opponent and i guarantee that the coaches are preaching and looking at the CCU game being more important than the Alabama game which NOBODY expects to go in and win. Why would we lose focus on a conference opponent between two games we have little to no chance to win?
    You said "coaches" we said players.

You said conference foe because you remember what newbies like UNT, Middle Tenn, FIU, FAU, WKU did when they first joined. These players have no memory of that. They saw a fresh off the grill FCS team.

The players probably see things differently today.

Trap game 100%

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    Please tell us you’re not serious. Please. Bama will have to pump the brakes to try not to score 70 points against this flag football defense.
    Sarcasm meter broken? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You said "coaches" we said players.

You said conference foe because you remember what newbies like UNT, Middle Tenn, FIU, FAU, WKU did when they first joined. These players have no memory of that. They saw a fresh off the grill FCS team.

The players probably see things differently today.

Trap game 100%
    Delusional.

6. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Delusional.
    Yes, thanks, I left that out.

Delusional is key component of a trap game.

Despite the product on the field being less than desireable, I must say that the overall ball park experience was the best that I have witnessed in the past 30 years. I must give kudos to the Cajun brass for improving the fan experience. (Sound system, DJ, colorful banners, various beer outlets, interactive gaming systems, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Non students of the game don't comprehend that a trap game is simply a game that you tend to lose focus on.

We had no less than 6 threads on the Alabama game for Coastal week.

Players are no different, and in fact may be more susceptible to looking ahead.
    Is this post real life?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    Despite the product on the field being less than desireable, I must say that the overall ball park experience was the best that I have witnessed in the past 30 years. I must give kudos to the Cajun brass for improving the fan experience. (Sound system, DJ, colorful banners, various beer outlets, interactive gaming systems, etc.)
    Just as an FYI for those who don't reside upstairs, we had NO beer on tap Saturday night. That's pretty bad. At least we had 3 or 4 for Grambling.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    You are absolutely correct and this is why Farmer and then Hud were fired. The business of Ragin Cajun football has been mismanaged for years and can't be turned around in 9 months time.

Yes, we are paying a lot of money, and have high expectations, but this is truly a process.

Dabo 1st 2.5 seasons at Clemson = 18-14 and people were begging for TDP and Swinney to be fired.
    Saban 1st 3 seasons at Michigan State 19-16-1.
    Saban 1st season at Alabama 7-6, with a loss to ULM at home and they played in the frickin' Independence Bowl.

My opinion is that we have top notch professionals on board in Maggard and Napier. I trust them to make sound decisions, while trying to balance short-term vs long-term.

We are fans, so it is natural for us to get too high when things are good and too low when things are bad. I don't expect Dr Maggard or Napier to think like that.
    I’m not high or low. Simply stating facts.

And none of those coaches produced those results in the Sun Belt Conference. The examples you gave are not comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    Yes, I had a blast given the unexpected results of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Just as an FYI for those who don't reside upstairs, we had NO beer on tap Saturday night. That's pretty bad. At least we had 3 or 4 for Grambling.
    What do you mean by upstairs? Upper deck?

13. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Is this post real life?
    No, its current real life.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    What do you mean by upstairs? Upper deck?
    Yep.

Default Re: Game On Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    We need a mike des half time speach right now.
    everybody always loves the back up...seriously maybe everyone should go back and read this thread, then go sit down and drink a beer

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27

Thread Information