Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G3: Louisiana 28 Coastal 30

Default Re: Game On Louisiana vs Coastal

Don’t know if it will take 4 years, but we have a loooong way to go

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    We are far worst than I thought. Sadly our staff didn't perform well tonight either. Everyone pretty much said everything else that needs to be said.
    T,

Honestly, I'm shocked by what I saw tonight. Especially on defense. Based on performance tonight, I don't know how much the coaching staff can improve the defensive side of the ball.

You are right about our QB situation. I watched Nunez closely tonight. He has definite difficulty with the timing of his passes. Luckily, our tall receivers were able to make some plays.

All I know is I'm not even going to turn on the game next weekend. Alabama is going to have to try hard to NOT hang 100 on us.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    A million times this.

Hip hop crap after every play. Guys dancing like fools on the sideline while we're getting our asses handed to us. Freakin' embarrassing.

I have no expectations for wins this season. We have FCS talent on most of the team. This is gonna take a while to fix, but my God, quit the ____ show on the sidelines and quit the ____ty piped in music.
    I was pleasantly surprised during the Grambling game when this ____ didn't happen. If you want to be gay join the dance team or be a flag girl/ guy

Also, during the Grambling game, their band obviously played all game so I guess ours had to attempt not to be outshined. Tonight they sat on their asses while ____ty piped in music was played non stop

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Don’t know if it will take 4 years, but we have a loooong way to go
    Patience and perspective.

I think most of us now have the proper perspective.

Now the hard part.

Patience.

Default Re: Game Week: Coastal Carolina

Just back from the game, initially posted on wrong thread. (Flabbergasted, this is a game we should win and that’s that) Three take aways from game- we had more talent on the field, Carolina much more aggresive offensive play calling, we were out coached.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    T,

Honestly, I'm shocked by what I saw tonight. Especially on defense. Based on performance tonight, I don't know how much the coaching staff can improve the defensive side of the ball.

You are right about our QB situation. I watched Nunez closely tonight. He has definite difficulty with the timing of his passes. Luckily, our tall receivers were able to make some plays.
    I don't want to dump on him because he is our best shot at getting a win right now, but he was under throwing out routes tonight. We don't have a D1 QB on our roster.

I don't want to dump on him because he is our best shot at getting a win right now, but he was under throwing out routes tonight. We don't have a D1 QB on our roster.
    90% of our defense isn't D1 either.

Did Coastal have more seniors than us ? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Patience and perspective.

I think most of us now have the proper perspective.

Now the hard part.

Patience.
    I don't have patience for a 3 year rebuild. We are coming off 2 losing seasons heading into this one. The team we lost to tonight is in their second year playing up. Sorry, I'm just not made for long rebuilds, I've been supporting this program too long. Tonight, I'm looking forward to fall baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunnewby View Post
    90% of our defense isn't D1 either.
    Clearly.

I don't have patience for a 3 year rebuild. We are coming off 2 losing seasons heading into this one. The team we lost to tonight is in their second year playing up. Sorry, I'm just not made for long rebuilds, I've been supporting this program too long. Tonight, I'm looking forward to fall baseball.
    Agreed. We’ve been in a “rebuild” for 30 plus years. Sick of this crap. I’m not giving up on Napier by any means, I’m just very disappointed.

AGreed T. Too damn early to start thinking how Jake Wells will change our hitting. But hell, should this continue, we may have no choice.

14. Default Re: Game On Louisiana vs Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    I wonder what HUD's thinking right now.
    He’s thinking we just got smoked by Kentucky.

Just listened to post game presser. Liked what I heard with the exception of what he said about Lewis. If anyone on staff believes Lewis is a competent D1 QB, then they are delusional. Not saying anything bad about the kids character or anything like that, but he should not be behind center ever again.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 . LastLast

Thread Information