Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Game Week: Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Costal is a lot better than people think. This won't be a gimmie.
    I think you’re right. They won a game against like competition. We haven’t played an opponent in our level, so I have no idea if we’re good.

Default Re: Game Week: Coastal Carolina

I dont expect coastal to be a pushover, but their win was over a UAB squad whose best projected win is Tulane, whose record is projected to be 3-9.

I dont expect us to blow them out, but if we dont beat Coastal in our house, I will be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I think you’re right. They won a game against like competition. We haven’t played an opponent in our level, so I have no idea if we’re good.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

4. Default Re: Game Week: Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I dont expect coastal to be a pushover, but their win was over a UAB squad whose best projected win is Tulane, whose record is projected to be 3-9.

I dont expect us to blow them out, but if we dont beat Coastal in our house, I will be very surprised.
    Vob, I watched Tulane against Wake and they ain’t bad and destroyed a Nichols team that did beat KansasSo if Costal beat UABit will be toughwonder why all these schools that step up their levels and get into the Belt seem to do so well!!!

We will beat the brakes off Coastal when on offense. Not sure what to expect from the defense. I think we win by 10 or more.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

We should come out of Saturday's game with a 7 point win, but that's only because we have home field advantage. Coastal's team this year is every bit as good as our team is this year. That's just the way things are these days. It is, at least, until we get a couple of Napier recruiting classes on the field.

It's hard to believe that in the year 2018, we're fielding a team that is basically on par with a team that was FCS two years ago. For those of us that have followed Cajun football for more than 40 years, this is a hard pill to swallow. Oh well, here we go again

7. Default Re: Game Week: Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Vob, I watched Tulane against Wake and they ain’t bad and destroyed a Nichols team that did beat KansasSo if Costal beat UABit will be toughwonder why all these schools that step up their levels and get into the Belt seem to do so well!!!
    Well McNees beat Nicholls so it’s a good thing we’re not playing McNees by your logic.

All I can say is that if we get an early lead on these guys, Nape needs to keep his foot on the pedal. They can score.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    All I can say is that if we get an early lead on these guys, Nape needs to keep his foot on the pedal. They can score.
    If the Grambling game is any indication, Coach Napier doesn't let off. We were trying to score every time we got the ball.

From a Chants fan on the Belt message board-"I don't see us winning this game for a couple reasons. Our secondary is high school caliber at best, and I can't help but believe that preparation for this game has been challenging due to the hurricane and the displacement of our team.

I think we will score and score a lot on Louisiana. But they'll score even more.

I'm guessing we lose in 52-38 type game"

Apparently, Coastal has been staying in Jacksonville since their game on Wednesday. The CCU campus is still closed. They're essentially displaced. We know that feeling down here too. This is a tough spot to be in, but may work in the Cajun's favor in spite of the extra 2-3 days of prep that they've been able to get.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post

Apparently, Coastal has been staying in Jacksonville since their game on Wednesday. The CCU campus is still closed. They're essentially displaced. We know that feeling down here too. This is a tough spot to be in, but may work in the Cajun's favor in spite of the extra 2-3 days of prep that they've been able to get.
    We had a poster here last week worried about the extra days they had to prepare for this game. As was correctly pointed out by a number of us, they were not going to be at home, sleeping in their own beds, and following their normal routine. Gotta be tough to be displaced, concerned about what's going on back home, and trying to prepare mentally for a game. I'm sorry it's worked out for them that way, but thems the breaks.

Cajuns just need to do their part. Score early and often and do everything possible to disrupt their quarterback.

12. Default Re: Game Week: Coastal Carolina

I’m thinking that the Cajun defense will surprise the fans here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm thinking that the Cajun defense will surprise the fans here.
    I'm betting Raga has well over 100 yards. He should look like a man among boys out there.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m thinking that the Cajun defense will surprise the fans here.
    I think that is what most of us are worried about. Surprises can be bad to.

15. UL Football Re: Game Week: Coastal Carolina

Most people, Cajun fans, thinking we're a sieve. So them being a sieve wouldn't be a surprise to them or you apparently.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information