Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Geaux Cajuns!

Default Geaux Cajuns!

Yes we lost against a high ranked SEC team but I saw a lot to be encouraged about:
    1) our team never stopped fighting,
    2) our O-line played better against an SEC team than last year against FCS games. If you recall our QBs ran for their life last year.
    3). Our QB play is better than last year
    4) We sacked Ferguson twice, Manak is going to be special
    5) we have great running backs, probably the best RB group in SB
    6). Play calling was much better, not predictable as it was last few years,
    7) improved receivers.
    8) much better disciplined team. Not near as many penalties.
    9) better conditioned team, we had no serious injuries that I know of yesterday.
    This is a much improved team and I’m excited for the rest of the season. Only thing I don’t see improvement in is a lot posters on RP. Only area where we must rank #1 in the country is the negativity on RP.

Default Re: Geaux Cajuns!

good points, and we probably go to class more than them

i havent seen any games, but stats wise nunez seems a positive...
    espn wont tell us, but he is at 78 pct completion pct, and 8 yds per attempt.
    but their new darling is only at 46.15 pecent completion and less than 7yards per attempt. (same completion pct as levi lewis)

Anna don't forget the kicking game, it's solid. Past few years we couldn't take that for granted.

Need to play better against the run and stay in our gaps..... we were man handled up front, but I see a lot of improvement from last year from the defense.... we have to get off the field on third downs! We need to blitz more also.... Fitzpatrick ate us up when he had time which was often. Overall offense showed it has a ton of potential to be a juggernaut! Was pleased with effort, but defense has to get better if we are going to win the sunbelt west and right now it is a wide open race!

6. Default Re: Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Need to play better against the run and stay in our gaps..... we were man handled up front, but I see a lot of improvement from last year from the defense.... we have to get off the field on third downs! We need to blitz more also.... Fitzpatrick ate us up when he had time which was often. Overall offense showed it has a ton of potential to be a juggernaut! Was pleased with effort, but defense has to get better if we are going to win the sunbelt west and right now it is a wide open race!
    Hey, we the Cajuns, not the Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Fitzpatrick is a legit Heisman candidate.

Also, the check cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Fitzpatrick is a legit Heisman candidate.
    If they keep running Fitzpatrick so much, he will get hurt and their season take a nose dive. I can't believe they were still running him even after the game was well in hand.

10. Default Re: Geaux Cajuns!

They should be fine. When Fitzpatrick gets hurt, they can always put in Fitzgerald.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    They should be fine. When Fitzpatrick gets hurt, they can always put in Fitzgerald.
    So they have two Fitz? Why don't they have any common names like Boudreaux, Quebedeaux, or Broussard?

12. Default Re: Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    So they have two Fitz? Why don't they have any common names like Boudreaux, Quebedeaux, or Broussard?
    No, however Tampa Bay has one.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    If they keep running Fitzpatrick so much, he will get hurt and their season take a nose dive. I can't believe they were still running him even after the game was well in hand.
    The backup for Fitzgerald isn't too bad of a QB. I don't think it would hurt them too bad

This post almost made me choke. Funny stuff indeed .

They want him to be the all time SEC rusher for QBs. Building his resume!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information