Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: 2 Games In. More Questions Than Answers

UL Football 2 Games In. More Questions Than Answers

Is this really the guy?

So far after two games Im not really seeing a difference. Probably still too early but It's got me wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    So far after two games Im not really seeing a difference. Probably still too early but It's got me wondering.
    Thanks Hud.

Dude you cant be serious!

Default Re: Is this really the guy?

Dude, it's been TWO GAMES as you stated, and we haven't played a team that is close to us in strength. We played an FCS team, and a TOP 25 team for crying out loud. He has Hud's players too.

I'm disappointed too, but c'mon man!!!!! WAY TOO early for this type of talk. Let the man have at least 2 seasons before you even ask the question.

Duh.

Guys, we were whooped by the best Defensive Line in the SEC, and a pretty damn good SEC offense. They are deeper than we are and should be. UL is just getting out of the NCAA loss of scholarships, so we are below our 85. One month to recruit, not enough. Louisiana IS in the near future(maybe this or next year) going to announce the addition and renovation of Cajun Field! IMO the price tag will be MORE than the $65 Million originally planned for as did Baseball get a bigger budget than previously planned. Right or Wrong coach speak, WAY TOO EARLY! Give these players/coaches some time and I mean like this whole season. Watch the recruiting, Watch the budget, watch for Progression! IMHO, Greaux, Cajun Nation!!!!

GREAUX IT, and THEY WILL Come!

Not sure if serious

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Guys, we were whooped by the best Defensive Line in the SEC, and a pretty damn good SEC offense. They are deeper than we are and should be. UL is just getting out of the NCAA loss of scholarships, so we are below our 85. One month to recruit, not enough. Louisiana IS in the near future(maybe this or next year) going to announce the addition and renovation of Cajun Field! IMO the price tag will be MORE than the $65 Million originally planned for as did Baseball get a bigger budget than previously planned. Right or Wrong coach speak, WAY TOO EARLY! Give these players/coaches some time and I mean like this whole season. Watch the recruiting, Watch the budget, watch for Progression! IMHO, Greaux, Cajun Nation!!!!
    Agree with all except one point. Was flipping between Cajuns and Bama. 62 unanswered points. 62! Think there’s the best d line in the SEC.and in the country.

Was pleased, like everyone, to see our culture change. I’m interested to see how we do the next two weeks after tonight’s loss and the Bama game.on and off the field.

1. We are badly in need of some of those 3 star recruits that HUD despised.
    2. We have a coach with a focused plan, but he also has undeveloped talent and very little quality depth.
    3. We have to go back to the basics on defense. Too many missed angles and tackles. We need to find that Otha Peter's type linebacker.
    4. Our defensive backfield is atrocious. We need to recruit a stud at cornerback.
    5. Look for us to continue to rely on Ragas as the offensive focus. This will help cover for our defense as well. Dont expect more than 6-7 wins this year.

I was expecting to see some new wrinkles on offense especially since this is the guy's background. The best offensive player he's got is Ragus. He barely uses him tonight. He called the game in the first half like he was playing a Madden game. Hopefully he's saving something for our conference opponents. So far I haven't seen anything special out of him.

Ultra. We were not bad because Hud was a crappy coach, we were bad because we got put on probation and Hud struck out in recruiting. Napier already has the offense looking a little better. Unfortunately, it will take a couple of years before we see progress on the defensive end. Remember, he inherited a defensive unit with no playmakers. That side of the ball will take another year or two to get fixed. I still think 6-6 is a reasonable goal and would show recruits we are on an upward trajectory.

I was expecting to see some new wrinkles on offense especially since this is the guy's background. The best offensive player he's got is Ragus. He barely uses him tonight. He called the game in the first half like he was playing a Madden game. Hopefully he's saving something for our conference opponents. So far I haven't seen anything special out of him.
    He was trying to spread MS's stout defensive front out . Their front seven is loaded with NFL talent

Clark, put the bottle down.

I’m gonna let the season play out and give the man a full recruiting class or 2. The scheme looked good. Just don’t have the athletes to execute on the level needed against that caliber opponent. I think and hope he’ll recruit well. He will have to if he wants to win here.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information