Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Correction: There has never been a ULL

1. Default Correction: There has never been a ULL

In 1995, the state of Louisiana passed legislation allowing the universities of its University of Louisiana system to rebrand themselves. Southwestern Louisiana became University of Louisiana . at Lafayette and Northeastern Louisiana became University of Louisiana at Monroe in the next four years. All of both schools' modern headlines came under those monikers: ULM was ULM when it beat Alabama, it was ULM when it made headlines in changing its mascot from Indians to Warhawks and it was ULM when it joined the Sun Belt in 2001. ul was ULL when it joined the Sun Belt in 2001 and it was ULL when it was good in the early 2010s under Mark Hudspeth. Nationally, both of those schools are known as UL/UL Lafayette and ULM/UL Monroe.

Now the Ragin' Cajuns are trying to tell you the University of Louisiana is coming to Starkville. Even though the law tells you such a thing does not exist.

That law in 1995? It states the schools must reference their host cities in their name.

Yet, UL Lafayette athletics is ignoring it. It's important to mention that the in-state debate has skewed toward the law not applying to athletics -- plus, ULM inexplicably hasn't fought that hard and allowed this to happen. It's so clear that this is nothing more than a branding effort -- why would a university rebrand itself unless it has something to gain? -- and I'm sure there are things to gain by labelling yourself as the flagship university of a state as prideful as Louisiana.

In my opinion, this is a simple matter. UL Lafayette is who you are to the majority, just like the University of Texas at Austin is Texas and the University of Mississippi is Ole Miss to the grander college football world. People would look at me funny if I referenced either of those two schools as the former name, just because it's weird; just like it's weird to reference a standalone University of Louisiana when the majority has never known one to exist.

(Hello, friends from the bayou. I'm sure there's some Louisiana person out there who's going to read this, get #triggered and share it out in the UL Lafayette internet so you all can get mad and scream at me, and that's fine. Just letting you know here that I don't care and I'm not gonna respond. I'm perfectly comfortable in angering niche Louisiana Internet; ask Louisiana Tech fans about my take on Johnny's Pizza.)

Dispatch sports writer Brett Hudson on Twitter @Brett_Hudson

2. Default Re: Correction: There has never been a ULL

@Brett_Hudson is armed with half truths and a full quill of assumptions.

There has never been a UL Lafayette Athletics.

Default Re: Correction: There has never been a ULL

Is he the same Moo State douche who was complaining about having to come to our baseball stadium for a Regional?

We don’t even need to respond we have won the name battle! It’s time to be bigger men and move on. The more attention we give it the more we are saying we are UL-Lafayette.

5. Default Re: Correction: There has never been a ULL

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Hudson
    "I'm perfectly comfortable in angering niche Louisiana Internet"
    His getting the name right at the end counters all his previous words.

If we were to win Saturday watch how fast they lost to Louisiana and not ul-Lafayette

Brett Hudson, the CNN of Mississippi State - fake news

I'm very curious as to what the SEC Network will have our name on TV as??? Mississippi State has us as Louisiana on their official website but I have a feeling the SEC Network will get it wrong!

Wasn't the aTm game last year on the SEC Network? If I remember correctly they had us as Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I'm very curious as to what the SEC Network will have our name on TV as??? Mississippi State has us as Louisiana on their official website but I have a feeling the SEC Network will get it wrong!
    I honestly don’t give two ____s what they call us, as long as we make a game of it. I’m sick and tired of the “What did they call us?” as we get our asses kicked.

Like the movie Ground hog day. This will never end.

12. Default Re: Correction: There has never been a ULL

When we kick their over inflated asses on Saturday, they’ll say our name.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Wasn't the aTm game last year on the SEC Network? If I remember correctly they had us as Louisiana.
    The SEC Network referred to us as Louisiana last year and has already broadcast a Louisiana soccer game this year.

We're only @ Lafayette when we're @ Baton Rouge.

If my job was to write for a paper in Starkville Mississippi, I'd be bitter too.

I like his brag about ____ing off LaTech people.all he left off was I AM SPARTACUS!

I smell fear

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information