True freshman Charlie Flynn paced the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns golf team with a sub-par round on a rain-shortened Monday at the Lone Star Invitational hosted at the par-72, 7,435-yard TPC San Antonio AT&T Oaks Course.

Louisiana finds itself in seventh place at 12-over par (300) as teams were only able to get in 18 holes due to a four-hour rain delay. Host UTSA leads the field with a score of 1-over, while the Roadrunners Sean Meehan sits atop the individual leaderboard at 4-under par.

Sliman’s Thoughts

“Today was a big test on a demanding course with extremely difficult weather at the start. I really liked how the team handled the adverse conditions and delays. However, when conditions turned for the better, we struggled coming down the stretch playing our last six holes 7-over as a group. It’s early and we have a lot of confidence in this group. I look for this team to rebound as a group tomorrow and post a collective effort.

“Very proud of Charlie opening with a sub-par round in his debut as a Ragin Cajun. Charlie played nearly flawless the whole day. I am most impressed with the fact that he played poised and unruffled when today exposed a lot of adversity on the field. I’m anxious to see how this team responds tomorrow as it is early in our season and tomorrow is a big test to see what we are made of.”

Flynn’s Opening Round

Flynn had just two blemishes on his card in his debut round notching an 18-hole score of 71 (-1). Despite bogeying his first hole of the day on hole 15, Flynn bounced back to card birdies on holes one and two. The Alexandria, La., native tallied a birdie on his final hole of the day to move into a tie for third place after the first round.

Elston Cards An Eagle

Senior Triston Elston posted the Ragin’ Cajuns first eagle of the season on his final hole of the day. Elston sank a 25-foot putt from the fringe on 14 to move into a tie for 22nd at 3-over.

Tolson In The Hunt

Junior Jack Tolson finished the first day of the Lone Star Invitational in a tie for 16th at 2-over par. Tolson had just three blemishes on his card playing a clean back nine holes on the day.

Final Round

The Ragin' Cajuns are paired Texas State, ULM and North Texas for the final round. Play gets underway at 8 a.m. with a shotgun start. Live scoring is available on Golfstat.com.

LONE STAR INVITATIONAL FIRST DAY RESULTS

TEAM SCORES (Par 288)
1.UTSA 289, +1; 2. Arkansas State 291, +3; 3. Little Rock 295, +7; 4. Sam Houston State 296, +8; 5. Texas State 297, +9; 6. ULM 298, +10; 7. Louisiana 300, +12; 8. North Texas 303, +15; 9. UT Arlington 308, +20; 10. McNeese 309, +21; 11. South Alabama 310, +22; 12. Rice 311, +23; T13. UTEP 313, +25; T13. Southern Miss 313, +25; 15. Lipscomb 325, +37

LOUISIANA SCORES (Par 72)
T3. Charlie Flynn, 71 -1
T16. Jack Tolson, 74 +2
T22. Triston Elston, 75 +3
T57. Peter Hinnant, 79 +7
T68. Bjorn Gudjonsson, 80 +8
T73. Hudson Dubinski, 81 +9

Follow the Ragin' Cajuns on Twitter (@RaginCajunsGolf) or check RaginCajuns.com for Louisiana golf updates.

LOUISIANA SI