Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth happy to have fingerprints 'all over' R.C. Program

1. UL Football Hudspeth happy to have fingerprints 'all over' R.C. Program

It’s different than where he was before, at UL, large and in charge, running the show.

But Mark Hudspeth, fired last December after a seven-season run as head coach of the Ragin’ Cajuns that included five bowl appearances, is in a good place these days.

He was hired right away to be associate head coach and tight ends coach at nationally ranked Mississippi State, where he previously worked two years as wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator in 2009 and 2010.

Default Re: Hudspeth happy to have fingerprints 'all over' R.C. Program

I wonder if we had to reduce his buyout/contract with his hiring by MS ST?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I wonder if we had to reduce his buyout/contract with his hiring by MS ST?
    Nobuyout not effected

4. Default Re: Hudspeth happy to have fingerprints 'all over' R.C. Program

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Nobuyout not effected
    I would think and hope that he is a pretty wealthy guy!.btw what do you guys. See as his top 5 momentsI like the first bowl and the 'sea of red bowl" .that dome photo is a fine moment.the field goalthe onside kick against Monroe!

5. Default Re: Hudspeth happy to have fingerprints 'all over' R.C. Program

Same onside kick to SDSU to catapult us to a win, and I think vs Troy that same season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Same onside kick to SDSU to catapult us to a win, and I think vs Troy that same season.
    Onside kick I remember the most is the one Pee Wee recovered to help set up the winning score against ULM. I don't think there was one in the NO Bowl against San Diego State. There may have been one executed against Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Onside kick I remember the most is the one Pee Wee recovered to help set up the winning score against ULM. I don't think there was one in the NO Bowl against San Diego State. There may have been one executed against Troy.
    I don’t remember one in the Nola bowl either. There definitely was one against Troy that year. Caught them off guard after we went up 7-0. We scored again after that and cruised to victory. The other thing I remember most about that Troy game was Melvin White’s pick 6. It was around 80 or so yards and I don’t think I’ve ever heard Cajun field as loud as it was when he was cutting through his blocks
    for the TD. There used to be a video with Jays radio call synced up with it but I could never find it. If anyone can find that it would be much appreciated.

What a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    I don't remember one in the Nola bowl either. There definitely was one against Troy that year. Caught them off guard after we went up 7-0. We scored again after that and cruised to victory. The other thing I remember most about that Troy game was Melvin White's pick 6. It was around 80 or so yards and I don't think I've ever heard Cajun field as loud as it was when he was cutting through his blocks
    for the TD. There used to be a video with Jays radio call synced up with it but I could never find it. If anyone can find that it would be much appreciated.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aDu8BGaj0Ls

4:40 mark

Very much a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post

Dude that’s awesome! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post

https://www.youtube.com/aDu8BGaj0Ls
    https://youtu.be/aDu8BGaj0Ls

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Very much a class act.
    I often said that regardless of the circumstances of his departure, that I believed he'd leave the program better than he found it. And while those last 3 years were long and painful as a fan, Hud showed Cajun fans would could be accomplished on the field. Also, from what I understand, he was instrumental in the building of the APC which will pay dividends to our athletic program for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I often said that regardless of the circumstances of his departure, that I believed he'd leave the program better than he found it. And while those last 3 years were long and painful as a fan, Hud showed Cajun fans would could be accomplished on the field. Also, from what I understand, he was instrumental in the building of the APC which will pay dividends to our athletic program for years to come.
    He was more than instrumental in the APC. Had he not not taken action Farmer would have USLed the whole thing.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    He was more than instrumental in the APC. Had he not not taken action Farmer would have USLed the whole thing.
    Absolutely correct.

Mark Hudspeth was exactly what we needed, exactly when we needed it. Success can often be more difficult to handle than failure, and I think that happened to Hud. But anyone that can’t recognize the Hudspeth era as a major step forward has a vendetta against the man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information