Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hudspeth happy to have fingerprints 'all over' R.C. Program

Default Re: Hudspeth happy to have fingerprints 'all over' R.C. Program

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Absolutely correct.

Mark Hudspeth was exactly what we needed, exactly when we needed it. Success can often be more difficult to handle than failure, and I think that happened to Hud. But anyone that can’t recognize the Hudspeth era as a major step forward has a vendetta against the man.
    Yes, I was sitting in his office when he got the call Farmer was reducing the size of the weight room because they didn't have enough funds. I believe Farmer had reduced the square footage down to about the size of McNeese State's current weight room. He went out and helped raise the money to build it the right way.

He was the right guy for where we were, what we had to spend on a coach, what our fan base needed. Dude brought a shyteload of energy to the program and proceeded to win 4 bowl games in a row. Think we were dogs in 3 of the 4. He left his mark and left us in better shape. He did lose the locker room, which ultimately led to his undoing.

No regrets at all.Hud's 1st 4 years was the best 4 year stretch of Cajun football ever. Also the APC was his baby. Then things changed.we all moved on.

Credit also to Buckley for a nice article.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    No regrets at all.Hud's 1st 4 years was the best 4 year stretch of Cajun football ever. Also the APC was his baby. Then things changed.we all moved on.
    Mega props/dittos to ALL the positive HUD post! I too feel as though Hud really bumped us in many areas like coach pay(head/assistants), RCAF fund raising, Bowl games, Facility improvements, Ability to Dream and Actually attain Goals and not settle for getting USLed! Also and maybe MOST importantly, HUD brought back single handed the Tight T-Shirt look! Show what you got! OH ONE last thing OUR coach could out Benchpress All coches and most linemen!

The positive change in the program from Hud start to Hud end rivals or beats any previous coach. Only Bustle may be close, and that's only because he was basically starting from scratch again.

He was a high level motivator, fund raiser and salesman. Eventually the program bumped up against his limitations as a manager, but we are far better off for having had him as a coach.

All this, and yet you people wanted him gone. We were on the verge of a breakout. 10-2 and J1M was going to breakout his special thong.

Instead, we released Hud and set our program back, as well as J1M. Have y’all seen him much around here? No.

Exactly. Chickens will come home to roost. We got lucky against Grambling. But we screwed up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    All this, and yet you people wanted him gone. We were on the verge of a breakout. 10-2 and J1M was going to breakout his special thong.

Instead, we released Hud and set our program back, as well as J1M. Have y’all seen him much around here? No.

Exactly. Chickens will come home to roost. We got lucky against Grambling. But we screwed up here.
    I'm not certain we screwed up anything other than fire a coach the essentially killed the momentum in his own program with multiple NCAA infractions and get ourselves out of a poorly negotiated contract. Both were necessary for cleaning out the program and moving forward under new leadership and new commitment to excellence.

FFS.i bet a lot of you are a real blast at parties

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm not certain we screwed up anything other than fire a coach the essentially killed the momentum in his own program with multiple NCAA infractions and get ourselves out of a poorly negotiated contract. Both were necessary for cleaning out the program and moving forward under new leadership and new commitment to excellence.
    Cajunrunner be like.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nobuyout not effected
    Are you sure about that?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Cajunrunner be like.
    He did, I forgot who I was dealing with. But then again, there are a few people that still post on this site that believe Farmer was wrongfully terminated.

13. Default Re: Hudspeth happy to have fingerprints 'all over' R.C. Program

Nobuyout not effected
    The buy out was effected the day it happened.

The Miss State deal may not have affected what the Cajuns owe under the buy out.

Just a matter of semantics.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    He did, I forgot who I was dealing with. But then again, there are a few people that still post on this site that believe Farmer was wrongfully terminated.
    I really expected you to be one of the smarter fish in this pond. Figured there was no way you’d bite on my jigg.

15. Default Re: Hudspeth happy to have fingerprints 'all over' R.C. Program

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I really expected you to be one of the smarter fish in this pond. Figured there was no way you’d bite on my jigg.
    I have holes in my mouth because of you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information