Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Surely you haven't been duped? Play along.
    He has

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    IMO the defense problems are coachable plus some depth issues.
    I will put it out there in regards to our defense. I don't think we have the talent on that side yet to be a viable unit. I'll admit it if they prove me wrong but we don't have the pass rush to create problems for the QB and we don't have the secondary to consistently get out of trouble.

Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Grambling

Grambling is more talented than NMSU, and possibly TxSt.
    Now we're overstating Grambling's talent to make us feel better about our win?

4. Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Nope, just thinking TxSt has been a big disappointment since coming into the league. When they start stepping up I’ll give them the cred they earn. Thus far they’ve played like FCS.

Nope, just thinking TxSt has been a big disappointment since coming into the league. When they start stepping up I’ll give them the cred they earn. Thus far they’ve played like FCS.
    That's fine and they have but you made a pretty subjective statement. I do not think that Grambling is more talented than either of those schools.

6. Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Glancing at the games on tv and looks like everybody is running the same offense...lot of double slots to one side, TE shifts, RB late crossovers, back door motion, and Z-reads......oh and the #of slants and long back shoulder passes....long year coming and I still hope for my lefty/righty QB and RB reverse Z-read option!!! Lol

7. Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    That's fine and they have but you made a pretty subjective statement. I do not think that Grambling is more talented than either of those schools.
    I’m surly sorry for that. I thought you understood that unless I’m providing sources and stats it’s pretty much subjective and full of hyperbole.

I’m surly sorry for that. I thought you understood that unless I’m providing sources and stats it’s pretty much subjective and full of hyperbole.
    Do you think that Grambling could beat either team? I haven’t seen Texas State play this year but I watched NMSU first game. They looked terrible and then got hammered again in their second game. Tx st always seems to have ok talent for the Sun belt but lacks coaching. And it doesn’t matter what kind of team we have we always match up well with them as we’ve dominated most of our games.

9. UL Football Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

All I know about Grambling is history, and I heard they had four or five players who are transferred from Alabama, and other highly rated P5 teams. Often those players aren't busts, but simply not good enough to start for elite teams.

All I know about Grambling is history, and I heard they had four or five players who are transferred from Alabama, and other highly rated P5 teams. Often those players aren't busts, but simply not good enough to start for elite teams.
    most of their D 1 transfers could not make the grades from what I read and they transferred.. i'm sure they had some who saw the light and realized they would ride the bench for 5 years..

11. Default

I will put it out there in regards to our defense. I don't think we have the talent on that side yet to be a viable unit. I'll admit it if they prove me wrong but we don't have the pass rush to create problems for the QB and we don't have the secondary to consistently get out of trouble.
    Our front 7 will be top 3 in the SunBelt. It is vastly improved. Ole Miss transfer is a BEAST and when turned loose, was a nightmare Saturday. Keep in mind, Ochoa and McCaskill didn’t play Saturday either. Hill and Kidd are very athletic, just need reps. Same for Mapieu. Boudreaux looked very comfortable as a MIC.

I’m not saying it was perfect, but guys were in position to make plays. The polar opposite of last 3 years.

Also, transfer from Nevada, Johnson, had a very nice game at CB.

12. Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Our front 7 will be top 3 in the SunBelt. It is vastly improved. Ole Miss transfer is a BEAST and when turned loose, was a nightmare Saturday. Keep in mind, Ochoa and McCaskill didn’t play Saturday either. Hill and Kidd are very athletic, just need reps. Same for Mapieu. Boudreaux looked very comfortable as a MIC.

I’m not saying it was perfect, but guys were in position to make plays. The polar opposite of last 3 years.

Also, transfer from Nevada, Johnson, had a very nice game at CB.
    McCaskill did play, coach said that all be it he was only at 75%. But during walkthrough and pregame he felt as though he was ready to go. He did not play as much as he will during the season but he did play.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    McCaskill did play, coach said that all be it he was only at 75%. But during walkthrough and pregame he felt as though he was ready to go. He did not play as much as he will during the season but he did play.
    Ok. He didn’t play enough to have a real impact. And he’s not 100%.

Both of those things will not be the norm and he will be an impact player.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Nunez was and is a BALLER.

Nunez + Napier = QB
    + Grambling defense

Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Grambling

Now we're overstating Grambling's talent to make us feel better about our win?
    I take the Grambling win for what it is, a good win for a team searching for a indentity and a staff coaching it's first collegiate game together.

The defense played base most of the night, ran man coverage and zone in the secondary. Coach Roberts showed several blitzes, including the LB's at times, but the defense was mostly vanilla. We played a ton of people, which will be reduced by the Miss State game. After the first four games, the staff will decided which freshmen will RS and which will remain in the depth chart.

I think this defense will be fine only getting better as the season progresses and as we are playing conference games. This defense will not be a bad as last year, last in the SBC. I'm not certain how good it can be, but we will learn more as we get deeper into the season. One thing is for certain, UL will not be the worst defense in the SBC again this year. JMO

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information