Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Oh yeah, very similar in that way. We came away from the Southern game thinking, we surely won, but we didn't look so hot. This game against Grambling I'm much more confident that this coaching staff will actually work on improving things and expect better execution from our players. Miss St. will be a huge challenge, they are 100 times better than Grambling. I want to see us minimize mistakes, even if we get crushed athletically, we can be tough and smart.
    Hud was focused on Vanilla execution. It was fairly successful against mediocre to poor teams. It had no chance against good to great teams. I can't say that I could see the necessary speed (timing) necessary to control a good defense. But I think Napier is working on schemes that truly force defensive fractional second confusion... and aside from athleticism and power... it buys you the element we were missing against higher caliber defenses. On the defensive side... in all honesty... I could not tell what this defense has. It was pretty good against Grambling. But I honestly do not have a clue if they were all aware of their assignments... if they were exploiting a struggling offense... or what. Miss State will tell us more. But being Napier's second contest, against an SEC opponent at their house, is also an odd situation to evaluate.

I seriously think we won't know our team well until midway through the season.

Oh yeah, very similar in that way. We came away from the Southern game thinking, we surely won, but we didn't look so hot. This game against Grambling I'm much more confident that this coaching staff will actually work on improving things and expect better execution from our players. Miss St. will be a huge challenge, they are 100 times better than Grambling. I want to see us minimize mistakes, even if we get crushed athletically, we can be tough and smart.
    This is where I'm honestly at. For the game against Grambling, I expected nothing less then a blow out. HBCU's are record padders and anything less than a double digit win would have been dissappointing so, we're right where I expected. The real understanding of our team will come against MSU in 2 weeks. I don't expect us to win, but being competitive will go a long way to make me confident in us competing in the SBC this year. Regardless of outcome, I have far more confidence in this coaching staff to get things right then we have had over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    This is where I'm honestly at. For the game against Grambling, I expected nothing less then a blow out. HBCU's are record padders and anything less than a double digit win would have been dissappointing so, we're right where I expected. The real understanding of our team will come against MSU in 2 weeks. I don't expect us to win, but being competitive will go a long way to make me confident in us competing in the SBC this year. Regardless of outcome, I have far more confidence in this coaching staff to get things right then we have had over the last few years.
    Agree with you, and J1M. It's so much more fun being on the upside of a new coaching staff than a downside of one on it's way out.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Agree with you, and J1M. It's so much more fun being on the upside of a new coaching staff than a downside of one on it's way out.
    I liked Hud's enthusiasm and energy... a much needed element when he arrived... but I like Napier's serious demeanor for us going forward. Obviously, good coaching can come in a variety of packages. I see where Gerald Broussard was coming from in comparing Napier to Stokley (personality). Stokley was reserved and serious. Even though Hud also played QB... Stokley struck me as a cerebral coach... as does Napier.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Nunez looks like a much more polished QB when you compare last season to this season.
    His pre snap reads were outstanding. On the other hand for being such a student of the game lewis struggled big time with his reads hopefully he gets better with age.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Hud hung 70 on Nicholls. Billy only put up 49. This change was a bad decision. This is what happens when you allow athletics to dictate policy for your entire university.

You’ll be wearing thongs with tear drops soon crying for the good ole days.
    Runner is up to his old throw the bait in the water and see who bites style clowning around again.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Runner is up to his old throw the bait in the water and see who bites style clowning around again.
    And it worked. He reeled in a big one! Haha

8. Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Hud hung 70 on Nicholls. Billy only put up 49. This change was a bad decision. This is what happens when you allow athletics to dictate policy for your entire university.

You’ll be wearing thongs with tear drops soon crying for the good ole days.
    I know you are kidding, but Grambling is a much better team than Nicholls was that year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know you are kidding, but Grambling is a much better team than Nicholls was that year.
    Umm Nicholls had Bobby Hebert son on that team you know nothing

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And it worked. He reeled in a big one! Haha
    Me, daddy and Pawpaw were always competitive fishermen. We’d keep track of how many each caught, and who caught the biggest.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Nunez looks like a much more polished QB when you compare last season to this season.
    Agreed. Kid looked smooth and knew where he was going every play. It's a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Agreed. Kid looked smooth and knew where he was going every play. It's a good look.
    Nunez was and is a BALLER.

Nunez + Napier = QB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Nunez was and is a BALLER.

Nunez + Napier = QB
    All he needed was an offensive line that wasn’t frickin terrible. I’ve been saying this

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    All he needed was an offensive line that wasn’t frickin terrible. I’ve been saying this
    weight loss plus strength conditioning plus change of attitude equals maulers..

15. Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Umm Nicholls had Bobby Hebert son on that team you know nothing
    Oh yeah, the awesome stats below of the one and only Beaux Hebert. Average at best.

https://herosports.com/colleges/team...s/beaux-hebert

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information