Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....I have a situation eight touches......love all 3 of our backs and #4 ain't bad......think that taking it to da house best bet is Calais....bull yardage to Ragas......Mich has both.....notice I used situation not problem....did Ray play??? HOWEVER------one huge problem is the program, what gives with the roster? Please list names OF BOTH teams in numerical sequence

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Grambling is more talented than NMSU, and possibly TxSt.
    Debatable. I’m thinking they aren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Where is TuffGuy?...was fully expecting to read meltdown here after 3 & out then long pass given up??
    You rang? I'm not gonna freak out in drive 1 of game 1 of a new era for cajuns football. It's an issue when it's the same problem over multiple years IE the last few years with Hudspeth. I'm happy to know you were thinking of me though, it warms my heart to know I'm loved.

Get ready to play "real" football in 2 weeks...the fleur de leis are closer to being a good SWAC team than they are being a good SEC team!!! why not play the new Southside HS this week...they have an open date and so do the chili peppers...and are probably better than Grambling...usl probably scheduled Grambling to see what a real band looks like rather than playing a real football team!!!

Great win and plenty to clean up at the same time. O-line will especially need to pass protect better against Miss St. defensive front can’t lose contain on the QB. There is plenty to like about this team. I loved seeing Deuce all over the field and laying some wood. Nunez has elite accuracy and anticipation. He is impressive in his read progressions and overall running the offense. Lewis showed improved ability to throw the ball too. Receivers and backs were great as expected.

Just clean up a few things and this will be a solid team.

I was relieved on play calling not being the same repetitive 3 plays and not running the RB up the middle when it was 3rd and 10+ yards. And extra points seem to be solid too.

7. Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Nunez looks like a much more polished QB when you compare last season to this season.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Debatable. I’m thinking they aren’t.
    Grambling won 11 straight last year. You can't do that without some talent regardless of the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Grambling won 11 straight last year. You can't do that without some talent regardless of the competition.
    They will have a shot at winning their conference again this season. But they lost the QB Kendrick to the CFL, the RB and WR to the NFL. They are not as talented offensively as last season based upon personnel.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I am happy with the win and happy for the coaches and players to have a W to start off the season. Great to hear that Coach Napier is not satisfied. There is a LONG way to go, but there is a lot of good things to build on. I like the style of offense too. On to the next game, which is going to be a lot different than this one for sure. Just keep improving. Congrats Coach Napier, staff and players for the good start.
    I was pleased with the approach to the opening game and Grambling. I too like the changes on offense - thinking we were testing it and evaluating schemes and personnel in game one. I'm stoked to have Napier's talent and demeanor. Do you recall how we throttled Southern in our home opener... in the Broadway season we thought we'd hit our Hud peak... and then laid a giant egg in the next game (home) against Tech. Napier isn't going to let this first game be a celebration of greatness. He's going to get us ready for Miss State. I believe we'll be competitive. Napier doesn't strike me as the coach that prepares strictly to win enough games against the SBC to get bowl eligible. I see a guy that expects success at every snap. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I was pleased with the approach to the opening game and Grambling. I too like the changes on offense - thinking we were testing it and evaluating schemes and personnel in game one. I'm stoked to have Napier's talent and demeanor. Do you recall how we throttled Southern in our home opener... in the Broadway season we thought we'd hit our Hud peak... and then laid a giant egg in the next game (home) against Tech. Napier isn't going to let this first game be a celebration of greatness. He's going to get us ready for Miss State. I believe we'll be competitive. Napier doesn't strike me as the coach that prepares strictly to win enough games against the SBC to get bowl eligible. I see a guy that expects success at every snap. I love it.
    Hud hung 70 on Nicholls. Billy only put up 49. This change was a bad decision. This is what happens when you allow athletics to dictate policy for your entire university.

You’ll be wearing thongs with tear drops soon crying for the good ole days.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Oh yeah, very similar in that way. We came away from the Southern game thinking, we surely won, but we didn't look so hot. This game against Grambling I'm much more confident that this coaching staff will actually work on improving things and expect better execution from our players. Miss St. will be a huge challenge, they are 100 times better than Grambling. I want to see us minimize mistakes, even if we get crushed athletically, we can be tough and smart.

13. Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Hud hung 70 on Nicholls. Billy only put up 49. This change was a bad decision. This is what happens when you allow athletics to dictate policy for your entire university.

You be wearing thongs with tear drops soon crying for the good ole days.
    You are a douche. Follow your luv coach to Miss State. He will then have one fan there.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

You be wearing thongs with tear drops soon crying for the good ole days.
    Napier gets me more excited than Hud. The damp spots on my thong won't be tear drops.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You are a douche. Follow your luv coach to Miss State. He will then have one fan there.
    Surely you haven't been duped? Play along.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information