Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Where is TuffGuy?...was fully expecting to read meltdown here after 3 & out then long pass given up??

I am happy with the win and happy for the coaches and players to have a W to start off the season. Great to hear that Coach Napier is not satisfied. There is a LONG way to go, but there is a lot of good things to build on. I like the style of offense too. On to the next game, which is going to be a lot different than this one for sure. Just keep improving. Congrats Coach Napier, staff and players for the good start.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    93 of their 147 rush yards were QB scrambles. Their actual run game didn’t do much. But we will need to be able to contain QB’s as well
    Mississippi State's QB rushed for 147 by himself yesterday. Plus Fitzgerald should be back and he of course rushed for 984 last year and 1300+ in 2016. So the QB scrambles will be a big part of their offense. We'll have to clean up the defense of those plays.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I am happy with the win and happy for the coaches and players to have a W to start off the season. Great to hear that Coach Napier is not satisfied. There is a LONG way to go, but there is a lot of good things to build on. I like the style of offense too. On to the next game, which is going to be a lot different than this one for sure. Just keep improving. Congrats Coach Napier, staff and players for the good start.
    I’ve listened to the the halftime interview 12 times. If that doesn’t fire your ___ up, I don’t know what does. I freakin love the guy.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    Mississippi State's QB rushed for 147 by himself yesterday. Plus Fitzgerald should be back and he of course rushed for 984 last year and 1300+ in 2016. So the QB scrambles will be a big part of their offense. We'll have to clean up the defense of those plays.
    Miss St is the most overrated team in the country and the schedule lines up perfect for us, and trap game-ish for them. I told you 3 months ago, we’re going to make history on Sept 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I’ve listened to the the halftime interview 12 times. If that doesn’t fire your ___ up, I don’t know what does. I freakin love the guy.
    Where’s the audio?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    Where’s the audio?
    Not sure specifically, but I’ve listened to every consumable outlet since the game ended and several have played it. Maybe check 1420 twitter.

8. Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Grambling

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    I was unable to watch the game. While it does seem as though the team is better coached and executed at a higher level than the last few years, Grambling is the least talented team we face the rest of the season save CCU. I don’t think we really know what we are working with until after week 5. I think we win more than we lose but not hard to do in the sun belt.
    Grambling is more talented than NMSU, and possibly TxSt.

I thought we played the read option very well last night. That doesn't concern me as much as the QB scrambles, which is what hurt us against Grambling.

10. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Coach talked about going with different personnel packages on defense and one of those was with a 2 DL front line flanked by smaller players. I suppose that would be in passing situations where they would try to get some speed off the edge. I thought we did well enough in man defense but we did give up some passing yards in zone coverage. I firmly believe that is mostly due to a lack of solid pass rush which I am still concerned with moving forward. I think this offense is going to have to score a LOT of points this year to get us into bowl eligibility.
    IMO the defense problems are coachable plus some depth issues.

11. Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    IMO the defense problems are coachable plus some depth issues.
    .....So we get last weeks and this weeks games to see of Miss St....that helps with 2 weeks to plan....and yes, this helps, but gonna be very tough!

One thing that keeps sticking out to me on this game, is that we need more team speed. I know we are recruiting some guys to help this, and it will take some time to get to where we need to be. jmo.

13. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Any word on 81 Alex Allen? He's the kid, a junior from Slidel who got his scholarship this training camp, and was helped off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....I have a situation eight touches......love all 3 of our backs and #4 ain't bad......think that taking it to da house best bet is Calais....bull yardage to Ragas......Mich has both.....notice I used situation not problem....did Ray play??? HOWEVER

--one huge problem is the program, what gives with the roster? Please list names OF BOTH teams in numerical sequence

Agree with your comment about the game program. What happened to numerical roster for BOTH teams? Our roster was on 4 pages.

I have heard that they will only where 2 uniforms this year. All red for home games, Red helmet white jerseys and red pants on the road. No special uni’s, and no black. Should make someone happy.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information