Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Miss State scored 63 yesterday without Fitzgerald. That's concerning to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Miss State scored 63 yesterday without Fitzgerald. That's concerning to say the least.
    We didn’t exactly shut Gramblings run game down either. I don’t think we win that one. We’re gonna have to score quite a few points.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    We didn’t exactly shut Gramblings run game down either. I don’t think we win that one. We’re gonna have to score quite a few points.
    93 of their 147 rush yards were QB scrambles. Their actual run game didn’t do much. But we will need to be able to contain QB’s as well

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I saw a lot of small defensive front packages from us. Was that because of Grambling front? I was thinking we might struggle against the run going that small. I’m excited about the D line. They look very fit. Kidd and hill look like DEs. We are very athletic.

I’d like to see a heavy package next game. With kidd, hill, and mapieu or booker. McDowell off the edge and manic at a mlb spot. A few more pounds to handle miss st huge o line and Fitzgerald.
    Coach talked about going with different personnel packages on defense and one of those was with a 2 DL front line flanked by smaller players. I suppose that would be in passing situations where they would try to get some speed off the edge. I thought we did well enough in man defense but we did give up some passing yards in zone coverage. I firmly believe that is mostly due to a lack of solid pass rush which I am still concerned with moving forward. I think this offense is going to have to score a LOT of points this year to get us into bowl eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Coach talked about going with different personnel packages on defense and one of those was with a 2 DL front line flanked by smaller players. I suppose that would be in passing situations where they would try to get some speed off the edge. I thought we did well enough in man defense but we did give up some passing yards in zone coverage. I firmly believe that is mostly due to a lack of solid pass rush which I am still concerned with moving forward. I think this offense is going to have to score a LOT of points this year to get us into bowl eligibility.
    I agree we will have to score a lot. And we will.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I agree we will have to score a lot. And we will.
    I feel we will but I'd like to see how we do against better competition.

Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Grambling

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I get that, but we were told football, basketball and many other sports were moving to +. Now I don’t expect my university to require me to treat them like I would a door to door salesman reading every word of my contract before saying okay.

I just feel totally misled.
    ESPN+ will be used for all conference games. Last night's game was not a conference affair and that is why it was on ESPN3.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I feel we will but I'd like to see how we do against better competition.
    Except for App and maybe Troy and stAte, nobody in the SBC is very good defensively.

One thing that has not been mentioned much in this thread is the scoring drive right before half. Very efficient. Took up all but 11 seconds after getting ball in our territory with 3 1/2 minutes to go. Nunez looked in command and we changed tempo to a quicker pace with 90 seconds to go. That drive is what sticks me from last night's game.

what stuck for me was napier calling a timeout onstead of taking a delay of game penalty in the 4the quarter with like a minute left.no matter the score, he refused to give up those 5 yards

2 weeks to prepare for Mississippi state. I’d imagine that is huge when you have the type of staff that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    2 weeks to prepare for Mississippi state. I'd imagine that is huge when you have the type of staff that we have.
    We shall find out. If they pull that one out then we'll see how he manages against a letdown for week 3.

I think we should all appreciate the fact that the offense playbook looks to contain more than three plays and the jump ball was kept to a minimum. Also we have two legitimate passers at qb and that feels good. Nunez and Lewis wearing #s 7 and 17 respectively and Lewis being a lefty reminds me of Masson and Gautier.

Did y'all also notice the difference with Lewis under Napier? There was far less scrambling around recklessly. He was more poised in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Did y'all also notice the difference with Lewis under Napier? There was far less scrambling around recklessly. He was more poised in the pocket.
    THe whole team is different. I realize we have had a large influx of new players but its amazing what coaching can do. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information