Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 FB G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by oldwiseone33 View Post
    I’m feeling real good about my 4.5 wins over bet...
    It was easy money...
    Now about that 30/1 to win the SBC.. 😂

Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Grambling

Very impressed with the crowd given the weather!

I was unable to watch the game. While it does seem as though the team is better coached and executed at a higher level than the last few years, Grambling is the least talented team we face the rest of the season save CCU. I don’t think we really know what we are working with until after week 5. I think we win more than we lose but not hard to do in the sun belt.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It was easy money...
    Now about that 30/1 to win the SBC.. 😂
    Now that would be sumtin

5. Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Grambling

Quick hits:
    Not much anyone can complain about tonight. We finally beat the living ____ out of an FCS opponent.
    We have a coach that doesn’t give a ____ about the opponent or the score, he expects execution and perfection.
    Nuñez was in complete control of the offense the entire game.
    Our defensive line is going to murder SBC OLs.
    Boudreaux was outstanding at LB.
    Special Teams needs a lot of work.
    Game experience was vastly improved. Crowd was excited and engaged. VERY impressed with 29k in the rain!
    Kids enjoyed Grambling band.
    Happy for Matt Barnes catching a TD!!

6. Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Grambling

.....I think the g-men bright 5k at least....all agree? Great to give their band a standing "O"

Quick hits:
    Not much anyone can complain about tonight. We finally beat the living ____ out of an FCS opponent.
    We have a coach that doesn't give a ____ about the opponent or the score, he expects execution and perfection.
    Game experience was vastly improved. Crowd was excited and engaged. VERY impressed with 29k in the rain!
    .....nice to see NCAA rescinded the rule against slant passes and throwing to the tight end.

I Agree MAT

Quick hits:
    We have a coach that doesn’t give a ____ about the opponent or the score, he expects execution and perfection.
    Good points all. I also thought run blocking was generally good, as was the defense most of the time. Obviously, there are a number of things to work on for improvement. The main thing is to strive for consistent excellence. Nice start to the Napier Era!

Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Good crowd tonight. Finally seeing a pro style offense. Utilizing our tight ends contrary to what stevie p said that we would not see tight end action with this offense. Nunez will start every game. will see lewis on third down situations imo. I like what they are doing on the student side with the nightclub atmosphere in the tent area. students showed up tonight. Oh, and the band is still playing that damn tune in between plays

Quick hits:
    Nunez is obviously the real deal. As someone pointed out, his completion average would be very good if it were practice, much less a game against, admittedly, a less talented opponent but where he was under pressure.

Backs and receivers are very talented. Not many G5 schools have better, especially with our depth at both positions.

OL is better but much work to be done.

Defense is improved but still shaky. I was hoping for better play by the corners and safeties, but there is time for improvement.

Nunez was no just talking “coach speak" with his comments about having confidence in Lewis. I don’t think he would have set a firm rotation if he didn’t, and I certainly don’t think he would have put him in at the two yard line.

All in all, it looks like the team has bought in. That might be the most important occurrence. Napier and staff obviously know what they are doing; that they have convinced the team of that fact I huge.

Rewatching the game McDowell is very very good

1 knock on Nunez he needs ready the DE better on the read option

How we correct the mistakes will tell me how good this staff is .

I was happy to see a team that looked prepared. We looked in shape, and we looked like we actually game planned for the opponent.

14. Default Re: Final G1: Louisiana 49, Grambling 17

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I was happy to see a team that looked prepared. We looked in shape, and we looked like we actually game planned for the opponent.
    ....I have a situation eight touches......love all 3 of our backs and #4 ain't bad......think that taking it to da house best bet is Calais....bull yardage to Ragas......Mich has both.....notice I used situation not problem....did Ray play??? HOWEVER------one huge problem is the program, what gives with the roster? Please list names OF BOTH teams in numerical sequence

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    I saw a lot of small defensive front packages from us. Was that because of Grambling front? I was thinking we might struggle against the run going that small. I’m excited about the D line. They look very fit. Kidd and hill look like DEs. We are very athletic.

I’d like to see a heavy package next game. With kidd, hill, and mapieu or booker. McDowell off the edge and manic at a mlb spot. A few more pounds to handle miss st huge o line and Fitzgerald.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information