Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Burnt Roux: Tyreek Smith commits to Texas A&M

1. Default Re: UL in 4 Star Tyreek Smith's Top-5

Maybe I’m a cynic Mike. Still it’s more often how’d we lose that game instead of how the hell did we win it. One of those how the hell did we win it was the sixth man game. A game that WKU fans are still foaming at the mouth about. Then EP leads two near impossible come backs in a row to get us to the dance. Those IMO are the highlight reels of the Marlin era.

Default Re: UL included in 4-Star Tyreek Smith's Final 5

Smith has committed to Texas A&M. When will we get a top 100 kid to come play for the Cajuns?

3. Default Re: UL included in 4-Star Tyreek Smith's Final 5

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    Smith has committed to Texas A&M. When will we get a top 100 kid to come play for the Cajuns?
    Billy Kennedy!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    Until we make a run in the NCAA's we ain't getting any. Jmo

We would really have to hit lightning in a bottle with a couple of magical type seasons or just get some coach who is a master recruiter in here. Top 100 kids go to top programs. Period. Plus, those programs have large presences in the summer AAU leagues and tournaments and are able to establish relationships early and faster than we can IMO.

6. Default Re: UL included in 4-Star Tyreek Smith's Final 5

And yet WKU & Middle both get games and players we’d want.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    And yet WKU & Middle both get games and players we’d want.
    And somehow Marlins and Middle Tennessee coach have the same base salary we are getting a horrible ROI

8. Default Re: UL included in 4-Star Tyreek Smith's Final 5

I’ll say it again. why would an athlete of that caliber come here? Outside of a hefty pay day, there is ZERO reason for a player with that amount of recognition to play at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    And somehow Marlins and Middle Tennessee coach have the same base salary we are getting a horrible ROI
    Not sure who the coach is at MT. However I don't think he has coached a game yet. Kermit Davis left Middle Tennnessee for the Ole Miss job. We don't know how well his replacement will do yet

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We would really have to hit lightning in a bottle with a couple of magical type seasons or just get some coach who is a master recruiter in here. Top 100 kids go to top programs. Period. Plus, those programs have large presences in the summer AAU leagues and tournaments and are able to establish relationships early and faster than we can IMO.
    Great points. We need a master recruiter. Some one that is in good standings with the 3 major AAU programs. Jeff Jones runs LA Elite Under Armour. Randy Livingston runs the Adidas team. Elfrid Payton's people run the Nike team. If you are not a big name coach at a big name school, you have to be able to relate to these kids. It seems like the only kids we get are the kids where we are the biggest offer. With the Tyreek kid, it was good to see our name on the list of 5. VCU was on that list as well, they have sold out their last 100 home games. Football went young and chose a coach that is in tune with the youth today. Lets watch and see some of the players Napier and Staff will get over the next five years.

P5 coaches have said they don't even bother recruiting a kid who's on an AAU team that has a different shoe sponsor from what the University has. Says a lot about state of college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    P5 coaches have said they don't even bother recruiting a kid who's on an AAU team that has a different shoe sponsor from what the University has. Says a lot about state of college basketball.
    Man, I'd really like to get more info on that one. You mean to tell me that coach isn't going to offer a Deandre Ayton or Marvin Bagley because of the shoe they wore while playing AAU? It's not like the player has a contract with the shoe company.

Did you totally miss the whole FBI investigation concerning this very matter??

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Man, I'd really like to get more info on that one. You mean to tell me that coach isn't going to offer a Deandre Ayton or Marvin Bagley because of the shoe they wore while playing AAU? It's not like the player has a contract with the shoe company.
    90 is exactly correct on this.
    And this further supports my opinion that collegiate basketball is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Did you totally miss the whole FBI investigation concerning this very matter??
    I must have. Enlighten me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information