Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Field of Dreams.

Default Re: Field of Dreams.

Anything to get mom and pop to the game with their kids and maybe not being worried about losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Fun jumps inside the stadium very bush league. It just screams of small time college football.

IDK.the cajundome has somthing very similar, and it is great. Keeps the kids in question occupied, while the parents can still watch the game. And it is pretty discreet so does not look bush-leauge imho. We can easily do something like that @CF with the renovations.
    We have to face the realities that game attendance is no longer old-schoolthis is a nation wide issue and we need to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Well said. Also, my first thought about adding Ads to the SEZ was, 'great, thats all that needs' but I think it actually looks pretty good. And I think that the $$$ they are bringing in is even nicer.
    I’ve always thought it would look awesome with LED ribbon boards going across the front of the concession stands there to cover up the metal look. These ads do this but in a much cheaper way

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I’ve always thought it would look awesome with LED ribbon boards going across the front of the concession stands there to cover up the metal look. These ads do this but in a much cheaper way
    Agreed. Guess we will just have to wait a year or two to get this done with the renovation. While we are at it, I am hoping we can move the current video board to the Tigue, and get a larger, updated one @CF.

Fun jumps inside the stadium very bush league. It just screams of small time college football.
    Well that would make sense because we ARE small time football. Don’t kid yourself.

I’m just glad they are putting some serious thought into how to get people to go to games.

Been saying this for years.

While it may be Bush League the alternative is to have the kids running wild in the end zone and maybe hurting themselves or somebody else or having an adult stay home with the kids. You have to admit, the kids have zero interest in the football game. So if you have even the slightest chance of making these kids future fans I would think you would want them at the stadium instead of being at home with Mom or Dad. If mom or dad stay home with the kids, it reduces the number of people at the stadium. The fewer people at the stadium the fewer tickets sold and all the things that go with that. So it's probably best to have them in the stadium with a paid ticket in a fun jump instead of home or out in the tailgate.

We, along with many other schools have an issue with not having students go to the games. They have other things to do either on their computers or going out drinking on Saturday night. I guess that is why they are putting the beer garden on the student side. So I would think we would have to get creative to get the younger generations into the stadium. If not, we will be destined to about 10,000 to 12,000 season tickets forever and remain small time. My opinion, we will remain small time, Kids today have no interest in sports and I don't think that will change any time soon.

Living next to the campus as I do, I see it all the time. Come Friday afternoon, the kids are going home or going to work to pay for their tuition, books and living expenses. Many are married and have big responsibilities there. The Campus is pretty empty on weekends. Parking around campus is tight during the week as there are many commuters making the trip in for the day to go to class. These students really have no interest in coming into town for a football game on the weekend.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The main beauty of the grass is that the kids can play. Please let the kids continue to play.
    But then who is going to yell "get off my lawn"?

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Disagree. If its get people to the stadium because of a better gameday experience, I'm all in.

Coastal's stadium has a fenced in sand play are within the concrete concourse down the right field line.

Fun jumps seem like a good way to get a lawsuit

If someone sues UL over a fun jump.they need to be brought out back.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few who'd like to leave the grass in the north end zone.
    Yup, I see bleachers in the future, especially when some child gets injured there. The reasoning will be in place.

GET OFF MY LAWN! Ok, it’s me.

Wish the adverts at the Tigue were all done in red and white colors, like those in SEZ.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information