Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Field of Dreams.

Default Re: Field of Dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Wish the adverts at the Tigue were all done in red and white colors, like those in SEZ.
    Agreed. And I think that a new fence is part of the next phase of renovations to the tigueI would bet that it it will look like what we are seeing at CF when it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    While it may be Bush League the alternative is to have the kids running wild in the end zone and maybe hurting themselves or somebody else or having an adult stay home with the kids. You have to admit, the kids have zero interest in the football game. So if you have even the slightest chance of making these kids future fans I would think you would want them at the stadium instead of being at home with Mom or Dad. If mom or dad stay home with the kids, it reduces the number of people at the stadium. The fewer people at the stadium the fewer tickets sold and all the things that go with that. So it's probably best to have them in the stadium with a paid ticket in a fun jump instead of home or out in the tailgate.

We, along with many other schools have an issue with not having students go to the games. They have other things to do either on their computers or going out drinking on Saturday night. I guess that is why they are putting the beer garden on the student side. So I would think we would have to get creative to get the younger generations into the stadium. If not, we will be destined to about 10,000 to 12,000 season tickets forever and remain small time. My opinion, we will remain small time, Kids today have no interest in sports and I don't think that will change any time soon.

Living next to the campus as I do, I see it all the time. Come Friday afternoon, the kids are going home or going to work to pay for their tuition, books and living expenses. Many are married and have big responsibilities there. The Campus is pretty empty on weekends. Parking around campus is tight during the week as there are many commuters making the trip in for the day to go to class. These students really have no interest in coming into town for a football game on the weekend.
    Good point about lack of interest from our students. You also believe that will not change. I will go one further. Support will drop at some of the better known schools in future years due to that lack of interest. It is a changing time period in regards to sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I will go one further. Support will drop at some of the better known schools in future years due to that lack of interest. It is a changing time period in regards to sports.
    Mike it has already started. I looked at numbers reported to the NCAA when we were discussing a new stadium and even the P5 schools are losing attendance.

In a day and age where parents pay "tutors" for their kids to get better at video games or spend untold hours watching others play video games you can bet it isn't going to help getting people to spend half their day watching a live sport outdoors.

4. Default Re: Field of Dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Mike it has already started. I looked at numbers reported to the NCAA when we were discussing a new stadium and even the P5 schools are losing attendance.

In a day and age where parents pay "tutors" for their kids to get better at video games or spend untold hours watching others play video games you can bet it isn't going to help getting people to spend half their day watching a live sport outdoors.
    checked the FB stadium from the baseball suite floor last nightSonic signage looks great with Louisiana running along the indoor sidewallsthe Faulkinberry tribute temporary looks will be very nice with dedication during homecomingstill have golf openings for Grid alumni tourney.nice weekend planned for old farts .Sneak peek at the baseball uniforms and red grey and white very nice! Are we getting pumped dudes?

Can't wait until the start on the press box area. Any idea as to win they will start construction?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Can't wait until the start on the press box area. Any idea as to win they will start construction?
    2020 ish

I said that Russo wasn't in my lifetime but it happen. Now for good luck I will say the 8 story addition or whatever they want to renovate at Cajun Field will not be in my lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Fun jumps inside the stadium very bush league. It just screams of small time college football.
    If you think fun jumps look bush league you should see all the tailgate looking tents up inside the east side of the stadium. I noticed those as I drove down congress today, looks very amateur. It looks much like SLC as opposed to AAC where we want to be. But I am sure if Maggard and Napier says it looks good the blind sheep will follow, kind of like the black being shoved down our throats on another thread.

9. Default Re: Field of Dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    If you think fun jumps look bush league you should see all the tailgate looking tents up inside the east side of the stadium. I noticed those as I drove down congress today, looks very amateur. It looks much like SLC as opposed to AAC where we want to be. But I am sure if Maggard and Napier says it looks good the blind sheep will follow, kind of like the black being shoved down our throats on another thread.
    You two must be related. Just try to enjoy the fun and the power of the black. Both are here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You two must be related. Just try to enjoy the fun and the power of the black. Both are here to stay.
    I guess it’s true when they say, “once you go black, you’ll never go back”!!! LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So you are saying looking very Southland Conferencesque is here to stay? I thought we were wanting to go in the other direction. If you haven't seen what I am talking about save your comments until you do.

I’m sure the tents look amateurish but it might be the best temporary option as there is no other cover on that side and if it rains
    eh never mind, there’s a 50-60% chance of rain Saturday. Our pansy ___ students and fans that sit on that side probably won’t even show up

So you are saying looking very Southland Conferencesque is here to stay? I thought we were wanting to go in the other direction. If you haven't seen what I am talking about save your comments until you do.
    I passed by this morning. It doesn’t look great but at least it’s temporary and they’re actually trying to get students in the gate. I’m sure it’s also a trial run for when they actually do renovate the stadium.

They added more Ads.

Student side suites:

Stocking up the Beer Garden

You want bush league? Remember what the place looked like 20 years ago? Still amazed how far the Swamp has come.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information