Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Scrimmage #2

Default Re: Scrimmage #2

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I think this team will be better immediately.

But so will South Alabama. New Mexico State will be at least as good. ULM (if Evans stays upright) will be very tough to beat.

My point is, the other guys get to iuplay too. And some of them will be better than they were a year agoand that includes teams that beat us last year.
    South Al has no run game terrible options at QB and a DL that was horrid and have done little to address it outside of adding McWilliams

NMST will be fighting for #128 they lost their all time rush leader and had the worst recruiting class in the country the past few years.

If we lose to either Napier needs to start packing his bags.

Lannister as the Athletic Director of UL would be a pretty amazing reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Lannister as the Athletic Director of UL would be a pretty amazing reality show.
    Lol. Yep

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    South Al has no run game terrible options at QB and a DL that was horrid and have done little to address it outside of adding McWilliams

NMST will be fighting for #128 they lost their all time rush leader and had the worst recruiting class in the country the past few years.

If we lose to either Napier needs to start packing his bags.
    Napier won't need to think about packing his bags even if the Cajuns go 1-11. First year coach always gets a honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Both of those trends occurred in the SEC.
    Billy can win in this league during a rebuild.
    I think our memories are short. (I agree with you.) With the worst defense in the NCAA and close to the worst offensive gameplans, we shold've easily been 7-5 last year - and that's generous. ULM was gifted to us and we turned that down. 2 other games were lost to terrible teams because we weren't prepared.

Napier could've showed up on opening day vs SLU last year and gone 7-5.

Anything less than 7-5 would be an incredible disappointment in year 1, IMO.

Never underestimate what attitude means in these games. Napier was complaining about some of the body language at the scrimmage. Said we'll get that fixed. Robe style. You run back to the dugout. You keep your head up. You're on the bench? You better be the most vocal for your teammates. That alone turns last year's 5-7 into 7-5.

#cULture isn't just a buzzword. Napier's serious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I think our memories are short. (I agree with you.) With the worst defense in the NCAA and close to the worst offensive gameplans, we shold've easily been 7-5 last year - and that's generous. ULM was gifted to us and we turned that down. 2 other games were lost to terrible teams because we weren't prepared.

Never underestimate what attitude means in these games. Napier was complaining about some of the body language at the scrimmage. Said we'll get that fixed. Robe style. You run back to the dugout. You keep your head up. You're on the bench? You better be the most vocal for your teammates. That alone turns last year's 5-7 into 7-5.

We can talk about ULM all day long as we say we should have won so I'll give you that one in your argument but there wasn't one other game we lost that we were the better team. App State, ASU and Georgia Southern were all better than us. Not sure where you are seeing at least 7 wins. We can all project what Napier and staff would have done or accomplished with last year's team but until we see what they put on the field, i will reserve judgment and temper my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post

I so agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    We would have a road-tested basketball team & incentivized based contractors across the entire department. Meetings in my office after every loss and a required CAPA report.

I would also crank the speakers slightly louder every football game.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I so agree with this.
    As i mentioned in my response to him, I don't necessarily see this to be true. Outside of ULM, everybody we lost to were better than us. Period. I think the product on the field would have been better and we wouldn't have been embarrassed by App State but I can't say that I think we would have won a ton more games.

We would have a road-tested basketball team & incentivized based contractors across the entire department. Meetings in my office after every loss and a required CAPA report.

I would also crank the speakers slightly louder every football game.

How would you meet the requirement to have 14 home basketball games if you were AD?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    How would you meet the requirement to have 14 home basketball games if you were AD?
    Contractors can be renegotiated they are not absolute

I have been dealing with the Chinese government for the past 3 years, contracts are just suggestions.

What would stop us from scheduling non-conference games with conference schools, like UTA and Georgia State?

What about a pre-conference season, conference, double round robin( each school guaranteed 2 home games) tourney of the top 3 RPI schools from the previous season?

Contractors can be renegotiated they are not absolute

I have been dealing with the Chinese government for the past 3 years, contracts are just suggestions.
    Learfield is the one who requires 14 home games. I guess that is so as they can sell ads. What would you give them in exchange for eliminating that requirement?

Learfield is the one who requires 14 home games. I guess that is so as they can sell ads. What would you give them in exchange for eliminating that requirement?
    you can reduce it from 14 to 12 and eliminate non D1 games and pull off a 3-1 with a big name and sell a much better product with potential of 10k instead of the 500 that will show up to Univ of East Jamaica

you can reduce it from 14 to 12 and eliminate non D1 games and pull off a 3-1 with a big name and sell a much better product with potential of 10k instead of the 500 that will show up to Univ of East Jamaica
    Maybe Learfield buys that. Not sure if they would but you could ask. Not sure any big name would agree for a 3 for 1 either but it may be worth looking into. We know they are not interested in 2 for 1 deals but perhaps 3 would work. If so, hopefully they could pay us a little for at least one of the trips. This administration won't make a big push to change the contract at this time however as it was just agreed to. I know that is not the point. I asked what you would do as AD and you answered which is appreciated.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information