Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Scrimmage #2

Default Re: Scrimmage #2

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    LOL. I love it. Do NOT count me in though.
    IDK about Moo State, but I have a gut feeling about Arky. A combination of a new coach, good start, home field advantage and it is one of those rivarly game where anything can happen. Either way, I think it is going to be one of the best games of the season for us.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    IDK about Moo State, but I have a gut feeling about Arky. A combination of a new coach, good start, home field advantage and it is one of those rivarly game where anything can happen. Either way, I think it is going to be one of the best games of the season for us.
    The home team wins 90% of the time in that series

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    count me as picking us to upset miss st.
    Count me as willing to put up as much as $1 on that happening.

4. Default Re: Scrimmage #2

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Count me as willing to put up as much as $1 on that happening.
    WOW, betting the house on this one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Mississippi State and Alabama are not the measurement of our program, but Coastal Carolina, Texas State and New Mexico State certainly are right now. Those are all winnable games and necessary for us to have a shot at a winning season.
    There are no meaningful "measurements" for us.

This year's LA football squad is very different than last year's squad.

Next year's squad will be very different than this year's squad.

It is very possible that we average 6 wins over the next 2 seasons, yet extraordinary progress will have been made. Such is the case in complete program overhauls, which Nape is doing.

There should be no expectations for a winning season this season. Year 1 is not about win totals. It is about laying a solid foundation.

I'll be looking for fewer stupid penalties, more effort, improved play by position and conditioning.

I am going to enjoy this season for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The SEC wins 100% of the time against us.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    The SEC wins 100% of the time against us.
    This is the year we knock that down to 99% 😎😎😎😎😎

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

It is very possible that we average 6 wins over the next 2 seasons, yet extraordinary progress will have been made. Such is the case in complete program overhauls, which Nape is doing.

There should be no expectations for a winning season this season. Year 1 is not about win totals. It is about laying a solid foundation.

I'll be looking for fewer stupid penalties, more effort, improved play by position and conditioning.

A couple of others have suggested the same. And, I think this is the proper way to approach the season.

9. Default Re: Scrimmage #2

I’ve said many times, good coaching alone can win games in this league. I still believe that and some what expect that to happen this year with our football team.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    So if that holds true, and we take the expected W's of Grambling, Coastal, Tx & NMSU we are at 5 W's heading into the final 1/2 of the season. That would be very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

Then we can disagree with each other. We are not an FCS start up program, although we are not at our 85 scholarship limit at this time. This league is very top heavy, meaning after AState, App State and Troy, the rest of the conference is closely bungled together in talent and depth. While I'm not certain we are deep enough to overcome serious injuries at certain positions, the starting group will be good enough to play with anyone in this league.

No one leaves their house and thinks I have no expectation of doing well this week in my job, I'm just going to focus on building my business for the future. If you don't think you will have some success in your job, then why leave the house?

I don't have any expectations of beating any of the top 3 in the conference this year, but given a few opportunities and breaks, it's not unreasonable to think we could win at least one of those games. But if you are telling me that you have no expectation of winning games against Coastal Carolina, Texas State or New Mexico State at home, then why bother buying tickets? We are not playing in the SEC, this is a _____ league that we won 5 games in last season with mediocre coaching and no defense.

While it won't be the end of the world if we don't win 6 or 7 games, you don't step on the field without an expectation of winning. If we can't beat Coastal Carolina or Texas State this year, then Coach Napier will have a longer rebuilding project on his hands.

Then we can disagree with each other. We are not an FCS start up program, although we are not at our 85 scholarship limit at this time. This league is very top heavy, meaning after AState, App State and Troy, the rest of the conference is closely bungled together in talent and depth.
    And 2 of those 3 are starting new quarterbacks which I came to learn, the hard way, is a big deal in college football. I figured after Broadway left, meh, no big deal, we'll hit the ground running. We hit the ground alright, but it wasn't running.

Then we can disagree with each other. We are not an FCS start up program, although we are not at our 85 scholarship limit at this time. This league is very top heavy, meaning after AState, App State and Troy, the rest of the conference is closely bungled together in talent and depth. While I'm not certain we are deep enough to overcome serious injuries at certain positions, the starting group will be good enough to play with anyone in this league.

No one leaves their house and thinks I have no expectation of doing well this week in my job, I'm just going to focus on building my business for the future. If you don't think you will have some success in your job, then why leave the house?

I don't have any expectations of beating any of the top 3 in the conference this year, but given a few opportunities and breaks, it's not unreasonable to think we could win at least one of those games. But if you are telling me that you have no expectation of winning games against Coastal Carolina, Texas State or New Mexico State at home, then why bother buying tickets? We are not playing in the SEC, this is a _____ league that we won 5 games in last season with mediocre coaching and no defense.

While it won't be the end of the world if we don't win 6 or 7 games, you don't step on the field without an expectation of winning. If we can't beat Coastal Carolina or Texas State this year, then Coach Napier will have a longer rebuilding project on his hands.
    We will go 6-6 at worst and 8-4 at best.

Wins: Grambling, Coastal, NMSU, GaSt, ULM, Texas St and one of the Belts big 3.

Losses: Moo St, Bama and 2 of the big three.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I’ve said many times, good coaching alone can win games in this league. I still believe that and some what expect that to happen this year with our football team.
    At the high school and college level for sure, I think among relatively close peer teams (SBC vs SBC, G5 vs G5, etc) coaching is the biggest factor.

If we can't beat Coastal Carolina or Texas State this year, then Coach Napier will have a longer rebuilding project on his hands.
    We will be underdogs against Bama, MooSt, App, stAte, Troy and ULM.

Georgia State has the best player in the SBC in Hart, one the best defenses in the league and finished last season going 7-3 with a Bowl win.

Coastal finished last season with a 1 point loss at Arkansas followed be going 2-1 the rest of the way in SBC play.

We always get a good game from NMSU.

Texas State is very young, but have you noticed their commit list? That staff is doing work, and at the end of the 3rd quarter last season we were only up 14-7 on them.

We're going into the season with a porous defense and a mystery at QB. We could go 8-4 or 4-8. The same will probably be true for 2019 as well with a probable true Fr. at QB.

We can not preach patience and perspective enough these next 2 seasons.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information