Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Scrimmage #2

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    State has one of there best teams ever this year. Picked 3rd in west behind Alabama and Auburn. But I hope you are right.
    Miss St is the most overrated team in college football. They’re probably one of the most over valued in the last several years.

Default Re: Scrimmage #2

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    UL’s O-line will need to show vast improvements in pass blocking if this team hopes to surpass preseason predictions. If Nunez is the starting QB, his biggest flaw last season was holding onto the ball for too long. He won’t stay healthy for long if that trend stays the same.
    Better play calling and better route trees will aid the QBs as well

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    UL's O-line will need to show vast improvements in pass blocking if this team hopes to surpass preseason predictions. If Nunez is the starting QB, his biggest flaw last season was holding onto the ball for too long. He won't stay healthy for long if that trend stays the same.
    .and Lewis is a running QB who will get hurt, because he runs a lot.

Do you know why Nunez did that holding on to the ball thing? He was waiting for guys to come open, when he wasn't running for his life. Nunez does not lack confidence in his passing ability. See the end of the ULM game. I do think he'll be quicker with the reads due to finally having a real QB coach for a change, and a lot less running for his life due to better OL play.

4. Default Re: Scrimmage #2

Nunez got banged around unnecessarily because he was willing to keep waiting for the receivers to get open, or was late recognizing open receivers. Either way I’d be surprised if he’s going to hold up. Lewis simply didn’t recognize the receivers quickly enough.

Both may be a lot better this year. God I’m hoping against hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Miss St is the most overrated team in college football. They’re probably one of the most over valued in the last several years.
    They've got a large senior class, they are going to be good. They have a shot at beating Alabama this season.

6. Default Re: Scrimmage #2

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    They've got a large senior class, they are going to be good. They have a shot at beating Alabama this season.
    So when we beat Miss State (MAT) and Miss State beats Alabama (T), Louisiana will be No: 1 (Vic).

I think that is how it works. Geaux Cajuns.

7. Default

People under estimate the value of Dan Mullen. Also, they got a lot of good breaks with scheduling last year and Fitzgerald covered a lot of wins. For example, their secondary was ranked in the bottom 10 of the country and really didn’t get tested last year. They will be awful back there this year. They lack depth on DLine and LB and OL.

I studied them extensively (for betting purposes) and I expect a massive letdown from that team.

People under estimate the value of Dan Mullen. Also, they got a lot of good breaks with scheduling last year and Fitzgerald covered a lot of wins. For example, their secondary was ranked in the bottom 10 of the country and really didn't get tested last year. They will be awful back there this year. They lack depth on DLine and LB and OL.

I studied them extensively (for betting purposes) and I expect a massive letdown from that team.
    count me as picking us to upset miss st.

People under estimate the value of Dan Mullen. Also, they got a lot of good breaks with scheduling last year and Fitzgerald covered a lot of wins. For example, their secondary was ranked in the bottom 10 of the country and really didn't get tested last year. They will be awful back there this year. They lack depth on DLine and LB and OL.

My friend, they have two of ESPN's Top 50 players on their DL. Both will be top draft choices and that is not counting several very good LB's coming back. They are loaded on offense and behind Fitzgerald is a talented young QB named Thompson that won the bowl game this past year. They have enough talent and depth to make noise in the SEC West, maybe better than they were when ranked in the Top 5 with Prescott. We will see what kid of depth they have when they play Auburn and Alabama.

10. Default

My friend, they have two of ESPN's Top 50 players on their DL. Both will be top draft choices and that is not counting several very good LB's coming back. They are loaded on offense and behind Fitzgerald is a talented young QB named Thompson that won the bowl game this past year. They have enough talent and depth to make noise in the SEC West, maybe better than they were when ranked in the Top 5 with Prescott. We will see what kid of depth they have when they play Auburn and Alabama.
    That seems to be the prevailing thought across the south. I see it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So when we beat Miss State (MAT) and Miss State beats Alabama (T), Louisiana will be No: 1 (Vic).

I think that is how it works. Geaux Cajuns.
    After knocking off State, Bama should be a piece of cake.

Yea, not really worried about MSU and Bama. We will have our hands full with ULM and others in the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Yea, not really worried about MSU and Bama. We will have our hands full with ULM and others in the SBC.
    Mississippi State and Alabama are not the measurement of our program, but Coastal Carolina, Texas State and New Mexico State certainly are right now. Those are all winnable games and necessary for us to have a shot at a winning season.

Mississippi State and Alabama are not the measurement of our program, but Coastal Carolina, Texas State and New Mexico State are certainly are right now. Those are all winnable games and necessary for us to have a shot at a winning season.
    Agreed. I think we have to win those three to have a chance at a winning season. A ULM win probably gives us 6 wins. Miss St and Alabama are pride games and will show the character of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    count me as picking us to upset miss st.
    LOL. I love it. Do NOT count me in though.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information