Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Enhancements for Football Game Day Experience

1. UL Football Enhancements for Football Game Day Experience

Louisiana Athletics has unveiled enhancements to the Cajun Field fan experience for the 2018 season. Fans will notice several new additions inside the stadium, all designed to bring excitement and enhanced hospitality for the debut season of the Billy Napier Era.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: Enhancements for Football Game Day Experience

Nice enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Nice enhancements.
    How cool would it be to have a military fly over for the first game......

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

Louisiana Athletics has unveiled enhancements to the Cajun Field fan experience for the 2018 season. Fans will notice several new additions inside the stadium, all designed to bring excitement and enhanced hospitality for the debut season of the Billy Napier Era.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Nice job by the administration to improve the game day experience. However, I am old school when it comes to much of this. The only thing that entertains me is a victory on the field. There is no such thing as an ugly win to me or a moral victory. The enhancements, while appreciated, are a lot of fluff if the product on the field does not improve. I realize I am in the minority here and we have to do different things to appeal to a wider fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Nice job by the administration to improve the game day experience. However, I am old school when it comes to much of this. The only thing that entertains me is a victory on the field. There is no such thing as an ugly win to me or a moral victory. The enhancements, while appreciated, are a lot of fluff if the product on the field does not improve. I realize I am in the minority here and we have to do different things to appeal to a wider fan base.
    I'm with you Mike! Although the cooling stations and the Grads Bar on the student side are great ideas...all the kiddie stuff, not so much...hope that distraction gets shut down before kickoff. But, its a far cry from the cheap, armature hour crsp of the past...

Y’all are a trip man

They spent a helluva lot of money to enhance the "product on the field" since last season too.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Mike, I completely understand your stance on this but its a good thing. While we have a core fan base that is very loyal and will feel like you, we tend to have a large fringe part of our base that is somewhat fickle and easily swayed to apply their attention elsewhere come gameday. Anything we can do to attract those people and their families to the stadium is a good thing and its always good to improve the overall experience.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Mike, I completely understand your stance on this but its a good thing. While we have a core fan base that is very loyal and will feel like you, we tend to have a large fringe part of our base that is somewhat fickle and easily swayed to apply their attention elsewhere come gameday. Anything we can do to attract those people and their families to the stadium is a good thing and its always good to improve the overall experience.
    I agree completely with your post. I realize that my old school view is not appropriate for marketing in today's world. I applaud the efforts to enhance the game day experience and target a diverse demographic. Lots of comments on this from the AD team on this morning's KPEL interview.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Agree. The only thing harder than getting people into Cajun Field is to keep them there. With no natural rivals and few marquee games this is what UL has to do. I really hope the enhancements for students pays dividends. We need more of them at games.

Guess I'll be spending my time in the kids area, as my kids will want to be there, instead of watching the product on the field.

We are not alone in trying to do things like this. Even UT here in Austin announced a new "Bevo Boulevard" to enhance the game day experience for fans and their families.

It does end 30 minutes before the game starts, but I applaud our efforts to do something to attract as many people as possible. When the product on the field and the opponents improve, more and more of these people will begin watching the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Agree. The only thing harder than getting people into Cajun Field is to keep them there. With no natural rivals and few marquee games this is what UL has to do. I really hope the enhancements for students pays dividends. We need more of them at games.
    Just about every school has this issue, at different scales. Even LSU. Half empty after halftime unless it's Alabama or Florida.

It's the nature of the current attention span of people, not a UL issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Guess I'll be spending my time in the kids area, as my kids will want to be there, instead of watching the product on the field.
    Just a thought from a grizzled parent veteran. Learn to tell them no, or limit the time in that area. It won't kill them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information