Thread: Starting Defense Lineup ?

Default Starting Defense Lineup ?

DL: Hill, Kidd, McDowell
    LB: Boudreaux, McCaskill, Manac
    DB: Turner, Johnson

These are the eight names I have heard the most. Sounds like Middleton is making a push as well. Thoughts on the other starters?

Default Re: Starting Defense Lineup ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post

These are the eight names I have heard the most. Sounds like Middleton is making a push as well. Thoughts on the other starters?
    I would hope we run a 4-2-5 or 4-3

I think it will be a 4-2-5 or 3-3-5, just depending who they want coming off the edge to rush.

Gardner and Malbrue have had really good falls from what I have heard. I haven't seen a practice, so I'm not certain about anything. But I will go with Jacquet and Johnson at the corners, and Turner and Terik Miller at safeties. I agree with your starting DL, not certain that Manac will not back up McDowell or be in the starting lineup. I agree with Boudreaux and MaCaskill.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Gardner and Malbrue have had really good falls from what I have heard. I haven't seen a practice, so I'm not certain about anything. But I will go with Jacquet and Johnson at the corners, and Turner and Terik Miller at safeties. I agree with your starting DL, not certain that Manac will not back up McDowell or be in the starting lineup. I agree with Boudreaux and MaCaskill.
    Lots of new names in there. Glad to see that as last year's group really struggled most of season. Changes had to be made. I actually was surprised whenever they forced a punt. We had a huge no. of situations where teams called plays knowing they had four downs to move the chains. Our fourth down stop no. had to be a very low percentage. How much that unit improves is the key to more success.

I think it will be a 4-2-5 or 3-3-5, just depending who they want coming off the edge to rush.
    This makes sense. Hopefully there is someone to fill in for joe Dillon's pass rushing role this season

On paper, Manac looks like a good candidate to be a standup pass rusher/ OLB in a 3-3-5 or 3-4 defense.

Thread Information