Thread: Photos: Fan Day

1. Default Photos: Fan Day

Fan Day 2018

Default Re: Photos: Fan Day

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Fan Day 2018

Did anyone who participates here attend Fan Day? If so, what were your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Fan Day 2018

Only 4 photos of fan day? WTH kind of coverage is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Did anyone who participates here attend Fan Day? If so, what were your thoughts?
    It was your typical fan day but a lot more people than in years past.

Why did we stop hosting it in the Cajundome with the marching band?

I was there with 1420 and there seemed to be more people than in years past about 2,000 people give or take. We were able to get a lot of pictures and videos up on our twitter page. I could see the excitement and the atmosphere felt different.

The turnout was a lot better than I expected. You can definitely see the excitement building.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    The turnout was a lot better than I expected. You can definitely see the excitement building.
    Did Coach Napier make any comments?

I didn't make last years fan day but I don't think it was near as many people as when HUD was first hired. I think it was closer to 1500 but that is merely a guess. I remember going to the first few fan days and the entire cajundome floor had people and we sat higher in the old second level because the first level was almost full. Yesterday they had us only in half the convention center and we could only stand in about a 1/3 of that because of the tables that were set up for the players.

Did Coach Napier make any comments?
    He did but I couldn’t really hear him over the PA.

As for the attendance, I do remember Fan Day being packed for Hud’s first few seasons. But I do think that the Cajundome’s new layout played a role of why they moved it to the Convention Center.

Also, the fact that the event was earlier this year than usual, the band wasn’t there yesterday.

I went just to get some of those flash sale tickets. It was a nice turnout, better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    I didn't make last years fan day but I don't think it was near as many people as when HUD was first hired. I think it was closer to 1500 but that is merely a guess. I remember going to the first few fan days and the entire cajundome floor had people and we sat higher in the old second level because the first level was almost full. Yesterday they had us only in half the convention center and we could only stand in about a 1/3 of that because of the tables that were set up for the players.
    2,100 people attend this years fan day according to the univ

Thread Information