Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 'ULL' 2018 Football Schedule.

Default Re: 'ULL' 2018 Football Schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I tweeted the problem out to Trump. He took care of it.

The man gets stuff done. Making America and UL Marketing Great Again.
    Another Trumpian solution!

2. Default Re: 'ULL' 2018 Football Schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Another Trumpian solution!
    So yesterday I go to the mall for the first time in a long time.I go into the hat place(lids) and it is filled in the Cajun area with Lafayette added design .I tell him that hat is no longer emblematic of Cajun athletics and he goes through the ULL deal and I finally go through the whole deal and I think he gets itbeen a long road!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    So yesterday I go to the mall for the first time in a long time.I go into the hat place(lids) and it is filled in the Cajun area with Lafayette added design .I tell him that hat is no longer emblematic of Cajun athletics and he goes through the ULL deal and I finally go through the whole deal and I think he gets itbeen a long road!11

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I was serious when I said Nico got some scissors and cut the banner off the fence. It was gone by 1:00.
    Must have been those damn Russians!

Then namers, we got these tools.I see the Leopards are coming to New Orleans

https://www.google.com/amp/s/article.mainieri_1.amp

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    So yesterday I go to the mall for the first time in a long time.I go into the hat place(lids) and it is filled in the Cajun area with Lafayette added design .I tell him that hat is no longer emblematic of Cajun athletics and he goes through the ULL deal and I finally go through the whole deal and I think he gets itbeen a long road!!!
    I may be wrong on this but there are two types of merchandise, etc out there with different rules applying to each. First, you have the privately manufactured products like hats, t-shirts, etc and there is nothing in law that dictates how the name, logos, or emblems are presented. UL, Louisiana, University of Louisiana, etc can be plastered in any manner. In summary, they are produced and sold on the open market without any regulation but the school gets no benefit. Then, and most imortant, are the products LICENSED by the university for which the university receives a royalty or other benefits from the sale. These involve the university officially therefore are covered by the regulations regarding our name. Look for the license label. If one is there it means we get revenue but its limited as to how the name is displayed. If no label then its not officially licensed thus can present the name any way they want but UL gets nothing from the transaction. Ragin Cajuns, Louisiana, etc CAN be put on licensed products because that does not include the university name. Restrictions apply only when name of our school is used.

We got an official tie in with coke so thats why coke put up the banner like that.

Great explanation! Lierfield is in charge of managing the lisencing of said product, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Great explanation! Lierfield is in charge of managing the lisencing of said product, correct?
    Yes.

9. Default Re: 'ULL' 2018 Football Schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbfounded View Post
    I may be wrong on this but there are two types of merchandise, etc out there with different rules applying to each. First, you have the privately manufactured products like hats, t-shirts, etc and there is nothing in law that dictates how the name, logos, or emblems are presented. UL, Louisiana, University of Louisiana, etc can be plastered in any manner. In summary, they are produced and sold on the open market without any regulation but the school gets no benefit. Then, and most imortant, are the products LICENSED by the university for which the university receives a royalty or other benefits from the sale. These involve the university officially therefore are covered by the regulations regarding our name. Look for the license label. If one is there it means we get revenue but its limited as to how the name is displayed. If no label then its not officially licensed thus can present the name any way they want but UL gets nothing from the transaction. Ragin Cajuns, Louisiana, etc CAN be put on licensed products because that does not include the university name. Restrictions apply only when name of our school is used.

We got an official tie in with coke so thats why coke put up the banner like that.
    Often wondered, sometimes asked, first time learned.

Thanks for the info.

You are what you are.just look at the signs on I-10 at the exits for the school.they all say university of louisiana at lafayette.for once in your life be proud of what you are and not what you want to be but will never be!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    That’s not entirely true. Learfield is only responsible for regulating the rights and usage of athletics marks and logos on sponsors’ media and marketing materials. Including “Official Partner and/or Official Supporter or Proud Sponsor” designations.

Official licensing applications for the use of logos on things like apparel, products, and merchandise sales still go directly through Martin Hall. And that’s a fact.

12. Default Re: 'ULL' 2018 Football Schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlum10 View Post
    That’s not entirely true. Learfield is only responsible for regulating the rights and usage of athletics marks and logos on sponsors’ media and marketing materials. Including “Official Partner and/or Official Supporter or Proud Sponsor” designations.

Official licensing applications for the use of logos on things like apparel, products, and merchandise sales still go directly through Martin Hall. And that’s a fact.
    I don't know if badmouthing Martin Hall is a particularly good idea right now.

I think they will be doing a better job from here on out.

13. Default Re: 'ULL' 2018 Football Schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't know if badmouthing Martin Hall is a particularly good idea right now.

I think they will be doing a better job from here on out.
    Hmm

Some count to 3 and get two numbers wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbfounded View Post

While I'm not certain on all the various possibilities I know for certain that Ragin Cajuns is trademarked by the University. As such any use of it is illegal unless licensed through the school who in reality uses Collegiate Licensing as do most universities. You probably would not have any problem with a t-shirt, for example, that said "Louisiana Football". Using University of Louisiana without the Lafayette might be a problem with the UL system but not positive how that name is protected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information