Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mike Roberts SB Associate Head Coach

Default Mike Roberts SB Associate Head Coach

Pitching coach experience at Oregon and Washington, was HC at Buffalo last year. Solid resume

https://ragincajuns.com/news/2018/8/.ead-coach.aspx

Default Re: Mike Roberts SB Associate Head Coach

I was on the same flight as Glasco Saturday from Atlanta to Lafayette, was wondering if it was recruiting or coaching search.

Wow! New assistant head coach took Washington to College World Series semi-finals in 2017 and left to take a head coaching job last spring at Buffalo in MAC - this is a national elite hire! Glasco doing Glasco!

Hold on, boys and girls - it's going a be a fun ride!

Don't mean to highjack the thread, but I'm going to.

So, we can announce an assistant hiring in softball, but not in baseball?? WTF!

Please see here. This was my guess a while back but it didn’t fit with the gripefest and conspiracy theories. Make of it what you will.

https://twitter.com/kendallrogers/st.162269697?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    Please see here. This was my guess a while back but it didn’t fit with the gripefest and conspiracy theories. Make of it what you will.

Stop being rationalit’s aggravating

7. UL Softball Cajuns softball hires associate head coach

Ragin’ Cajuns Softball head coach Gerry Glasco announced the hiring of Mike Roberts as the program’s associate head coach.

So did we hire a 3rd assistant that hasn't been approved by the NCAA yet? That's a bold strategy Cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    So did we hire a 3rd assistant that hasn't been approved by the NCAA yet? That's a bold strategy Cotton.
    Seems like multiple schools have, but again I’ve already shared that as well.

But they aren't paid assistants. I remember you sharing it and a few people pointed out that it has not been approved by the NCAA at this time.

11. Default

The volunteer job is the 3rd assistant. Nowhere does it say Xavier hired a 4th assistant. We have 3 already, 4 if you count wells

Best part is some guy agreed with you. Obviously y'all don't know how college baseball works. You get 2 paid assistants and one volunteer. The 3rd(volunteer) can't recruit off campus

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    The volunteer job is the 3rd assistant. Nowhere does it say Xavier hired a 4th assistant. We have 3 already, 4 if you count wells

Best part is some dude agreed with you. Obviously y'all don't know how college baseball works. You get 2 paid assistants and one volunteer. The 3rd(volunteer) can't recruit off campus
    Almost like one will be moved to an admin roll or operations or something if it doesn’t pass??? Perhaps move there even if it does

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Almost like one will be moved to an admin roll or operations or something if it doesn’t pass??? Perhaps move there even if it does
    Yea that's my guess

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post

Best part is some guy agreed with you. Obviously y'all don't know how college baseball works. You get 2 paid assistants and one volunteer. The 3rd(volunteer) can't recruit off campus
    Hahahahaha! If you only knew. I will go back to watching the crazy train that this message board has become, was just trying to help.

So, we now have an associate coach from New Zealand and a player coming in from Australia. The Cajuns are no longer a "regional" team. They are going global!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information