Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Football hype video

Default Re: Football hype video

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Lmao yes set the hype videos to Jonas Brothers sure the recruits would retweet the crap out of it
    Some of the most hardcore beats I've heard in quite a while were from a few months ago, from religious hip hop. It blew me away and was freakin' awesome.

This is not about the beats. This is about the message.

The opiod crisis is absolutely destroying this country. Gun violence is through the roof in inner cities. 60 people were shot THIS WEEKEND in Chicago. This is the drug culture, and this is what we choose to promote as a publicly funded university?

There is something very wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    This thread makes me hate words.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Some of the most hardcore beats I've heard in quite a while were from a few months ago, from religious hip hop. It blew me away and was freakin' awesome.

The opiod crisis is absolutely destroying this country. Gun violence is through the roof in inner cities. 60 people were shot THIS WEEKEND in Chicago. This is the drug culture, and this is what we choose to promote as a publicly funded university?

And that's my point.who produced the video?

Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I watched a few drills yesterday and Nunez was definitely throwing the best ball.

Word from some coaches is Levi is more of a student of the game, and prepares much better on the mental side of it.
    I thought practice is closed to the public? How did you see drills?

6. Default Re: Football hype video

"closed" has various meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

Better stop using #culture then because its based off a Migos Album about drugs Oh my

The question is who is the hype video produced for in order to get them hyped? Is it the current that are in the video? Is it for recruits? Is it for your typical ticket buying fan that ranges in ages of mid to upper 20s to 70s?

If it is intended for the current players isn't that the exact cULture that the current coaches are trying to change?

If this is all about recruiting it should be good to attract hud type of characters in the locker room. I thought we wanted to get away from that atmosphere in the locker room. I know there are many exceptions, but those few bad appples tended to dominate the culture.

If it is about exciting the season ticket fan base, and RCAF donors, I think the music will turn them off and it is not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    The question is who is the hype video produced for in order to get them hyped? Is it the current that are in the video? Is it for recruits? Is it for your typical ticket buying fan that ranges in ages of mid to upper 20s to 70s?

If it is intended for the current players isn't that the exact cULture that the current coaches are trying to change?

If this is all about recruiting it should be good to attract hud type of characters in the locker room. I thought we wanted to get away from that atmosphere in the locker room. I know there are many exceptions, but those few bad appples tended to dominate the culture.

If it is about exciting the season ticket fan base, and RCAF donors, I think the music will turn them off and it is not a good idea.
    Branding 101.anything you attach to your brand (ul football, athletics, #cULture, etc) that even a minority would say is bad for the brand, is bad for the brand regardless of a target demo, audience, etc.which I strongly doubt this was in anyway meant for a target viewer, to the contrary, it was posted for public consumption, not a granular audience.hey, go with some other rap or rnb tune, but not one that grinds in complete polar opposite of what the brand is trying to accomplish

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    I thought practice is closed to the public? How did you see drills?

I went for a Sunday afternoon walk down Cajun dome blvd, on the side walk, and stopped for a couple of the periods, and watched the QBs, and receivers throw some outs, and do some 7 on 7.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Branding 101.anything you attach to your brand (ul football, athletics, #cULture, etc) that even a minority would say is bad for the brand, is bad for the brand regardless of a target demo, audience, etc.which I strongly doubt this was in anyway meant for a target viewer, to the contrary, it was posted for public consumption, not a granular audience.hey, go with some other rap or rnb tune, but not one that grinds in complete polar opposite of what the brand is trying to accomplish
    I am with you 100%.

If you’ve ever strapped it on an this song don’t get you hyped you must not have a pulse.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uTKPZghFtq4

If you’ve ever strapped it on an this song don’t get you hyped you must not have a pulse.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uTKPZghFtq4
    Kenny Chesney’s music: Pure trash.

I’d rather listen to Merle or Sturgill Simpson if I’m gonna play country . Of course they are a criminal and known drug user respectively, so I wouldn’t recommend them to the morally superior folks floating around in this thread.

14. Default Re: Football hype video

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I'm amazed that anyone can even understand the words to any of that crap "music". Having said that, if it pumps up the kids for practice and competition, no biggie imho.
    I agree whole heartedly with the first statement. However, because the lyrics are what the lyrics are despite the fact that you can't really understand them as they are blurted out in the song completely misses the point - the words make the choice a very poor choice for the brand, period.

I went for a Sunday afternoon walk down Cajun dome blvd, on the side walk, and stopped for a couple of the periods, and watched the QBs, and receivers throw some outs, and do some 7 on 7.
    You are on a public street there. They can't force you to leave. Pretty hot I imagine.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information