Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Football hype video

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Football hype video

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We need more singers like Mr. Clapton & his former bandmates in Cream!

Even Wonderful tonight was about him having an affair with George Harrison wife.
    He also had that song that I'm pretty sure was about cocaine. I cannot remember the name of the song though!

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Ole miss & Kentucky both ran out to rap music when i went
    I don't recall hearing any offensive RAP music when we played at LSU, and since those are the only games I've attended in a P5 stadium in the last 20 years, I guess I wrongly assumed that blaring RAP music was a G5 thing. It doesn't surprise me though to hear that Kentucky and Ole Miss are doing it too. I'll say again that this is just another example of the decline in American culture.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Football hype video

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I don't recall hearing any offensive RAP music when we played at LSU, and since those are the only games I've attended in a P5 stadium in the last 20 years, I guess I wrongly assumed that blaring RAP music was a G5 thing. It doesn't surprise me though to hear that Kentucky and Ole Miss are doing it too. I'll say again that this is just another example of the decline in American culture.
    Did we get to keep Hud's "juice machines" (big mobile speakers)?

I wonder if Napier will use them during practice like Hud did?

When Hud started doing it, it wasn't very common, but it seems to be now. Every Saints Twitter video from reporters I've seen this season has very loud music playing in the background during practice

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

When Hud started doing it, it wasn't very common, but it seems to be now. Every Saints Twitter video from reporters I've seen this season has very loud music playing in the background during practice
    What purpose is it supposed to serve? Simulated crowd distraction?

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    What purpose is it supposed to serve? Simulated crowd distraction?
    More energy during practice mostly. But yes also simulated crowd noise

I'm not necessarily a proponent of it. Just curious as it does relate to the topic of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

He used them in the spring

Just read this entire threadI'm SO HYPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Just read this entire threadI'm SO HYPE!!!
    I obviously came back from my annual summer hiatus too early.

While I don’t really care for the rap used in this video, it’s quite ridiculous that we are debating this. Modern rap actually sucks with the exception of a few artist. It’s not like the late 80’s through the 90’s and into early 2000’s. It’s pretty terrible.

The way this program has been written off by our peers and instate rivals I would have personally gone with some of the “dis” tracks from artist like NAS (Ether), Ice Cube (No Vaseline), Jay Z, Biggie or 2 PAC although he’s a little more vulgar during his.

We don't have to promote drug culture and ignore the opiod crisis and the gun violence that is absolutely destroying everything in its path from inner cities(Chicago) to the wealthiest of suburbs.

It's inexcusable that this university chose that song to use in a promotional video. This isn't a joke people. Ask anyone who works in healthcare or law enforcement.

11. Default Re: Football hype video

It's Summer so I don't know, but some of these things are assigned to students with very little oversight.

Often the ones with the best video skills are the young and not so mature.

I will say this, when I was young my mom knew the lyrics to the songs I listened to way better than me. And did I hear it.

Not till I started working in radio did I really start paying attention to lyrics and their meaning.

There should be a big picture getting process.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    We don't have to promote drug culture and ignore the opiod crisis and the gun violence that is absolutely destroying everything in its path from inner cities(Chicago) to the wealthiest of suburbs.

It's inexcusable that this university chose that song to use in a promotional video. This isn't a joke people. Ask anyone who works in healthcare or law enforcement.

Something a bit less controversial, but is a kick ___zz driving tune. Long enough to use multiple cuts, big sound, would work well with quick video edits and jump edits. "Peddle to the Metal" could be the theme for the season! Sonny Landreth live.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf2k7WpkIxQ

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Yep. America has been devolving to the lowest common denominator for several decades. The culture has flipped. What once was the counter culture of the late 60's is now THE culture among those under 30.

Hip hop didn't cause this, but I can use hip hop to make my point as this culture has also devolved. It is now the beacon which guides the youth straight to destruction.

But, we love us some Migos don't we folks.

While I certainly don’t agree with everything Murs says in this video, he makes some excellent points regarding peoples’ preconceived notions of the innocence of early hip hop.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    While I don’t really care for the rap used in this video, it’s quite ridiculous that we are debating this. Modern rap actually sucks with the exception of a few artist. It’s not like the late 80’s through the 90’s and into early 2000’s. It’s pretty terrible.

The way this program has been written off by our peers and instate rivals I would have personally gone with some of the “dis” tracks from artist like NAS (Ether), Ice Cube (No Vaseline), Jay Z, Biggie or 2 PAC although he’s a little more vulgar during his.
    I don’t know if they would get 18-20 year olds hyped, but Shook Ones by Mobb Deep and Beware by Big Pun get the job done for me.

And if you hate today’s music, pull out your phone and play the old stuff.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information