Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Football hype video

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    The question is who is the hype video produced for in order to get them hyped? Is it the current that are in the video? Is it for recruits? Is it for your typical ticket buying fan that ranges in ages of mid to upper 20s to 70s?

If it is intended for the current players isn't that the exact cULture that the current coaches are trying to change?

If this is all about recruiting it should be good to attract hud type of characters in the locker room. I thought we wanted to get away from that atmosphere in the locker room. I know there are many exceptions, but those few bad appples tended to dominate the culture.

If it is about exciting the season ticket fan base, and RCAF donors, I think the music will turn them off and it is not a good idea.
    What is meant by “hud type of characters”? This team is filled with Hud recruits who are good people and productive members of society. You give me the best kid in America with a complete lack of discipline in his leadership, and I guarantee you some dumb decisions will be made.

There are plenty of Robe’s players that enjoy this same music. Follow some on Twitter.

2. Default Re: Football hype video

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    What is meant by “hud type of characters”? This team is filled with Hud recruits who are good people and productive members of society. You give me the best kid in America with a complete lack of discipline in his leadership, and I guarantee you some dumb decisions will be made.

There are plenty of Robe’s players that enjoy this same music. Follow some on Twitter.
    Judging or condemning any particular individual for the music which that person choses to enjoy is probably out of bounds. Using this type of music as part of the face of the University on the other hand should be judged and condemned as inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Judging or condemning any particular individual for the music which that person choses to enjoy is probably out of bounds. Using this type of music as part of the face of the University on the other hand should be judged and condemned as inappropriate.
    Then udge and condemn the #cULture hashtag that has been a huge success for us this year in recruiting and connecting to GOOD young men who would like to be a part of this program. Judge and condemn every other D1 program while you’re at it. Basically what I’m saying is get your gavel out and your disapproving finger ready to wag because you’re gonna be one busy bee.

4. Default Re: Football hype video

Then udge and condemn the #cULture hashtag that has been a huge success for us this year in recruiting and connecting to GOOD young men who would like to be a part of this program. Judge and condemn every other D1 program while you’re at it. Basically what I’m saying is get your gavel out and your disapproving finger ready to wag because you’re gonna be one busy bee.
    Didn't need either a gavel or a wag, just 8 fingers and a keyboard.

Default Re: Football hype video

So I can't tell if you guys are hyped or not?

A baseball player came out to tequila a few years back That promotes alcoholism, and another came out to Kevin Gates . Robe has lost control of his locker room

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You are on a public street there. They can't force you to leave. Pretty hot I imagine.
    Not yesterday at 7pm. It was overcast.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Didn't need either a gavel or a wag, just 8 fingers and a keyboard.
    So you’re off board on the cULture though right?

Our first commit, Chandler Fields, said “for the cULture” in his original tweet where he announced his commitment. It’s been a snowball effect since then. This staff is killing it in connecting with these kids while not compromising their own mission and values. Reference points and music the athletes can connect to is a part of that whether it will be admitted here or not.

Some here might be more comfortable supporting Monroe. They’ve got coaches actively tweeting about not buying in to the social media hype and an embarrassing, yet wholesome, video floating around of their attempts to connect.

Get off my lawn!!

If you don't think that we have had a serious locker room issue because of some of the characters that were in it over the last few years, then you should climb back under your rock. I realize it wasn't every single kid but it was enough to divide the room and create a negative environment for many.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    If you don't think that we have had a serious locker room issue because of some of the characters that were in it over the last few years, then you should climb back under your rock. I realize it wasn't every single kid but it was enough to divide the room and create a negative environment for many.
    LOL. The dude worried about attracting the wrong type of “characters” with hip hop music telling me about being under a rock. That’s rich.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    A baseball player came out to tequila a few years back That promotes alcoholism, and another came out to Kevin Gates . Robe has lost control of his locker room
    Blake Trahan is a bad man.

This is way worse than FDC by Nipsy Hustle! Or is it?
    I can’t decide if I’m outraged or casually indifferent. I think it will depend on how many games we win.

15. Default

This right here. If the lyrics to this song offends people, the 2014 boys would have been a down right disgrace. LOL Kevin Gates is perhaps the most crude, vulgar rapper out there and that’s all those guys listened to. Played at practice, played in the cages.

This thread is so incredibly dumb.

We take a couple weeks off and some of you want to turn this place into Mr. Rogers neighborhood.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information