Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer Beer Thread

Default Re: Summer Beer Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    So we have an outdoor cooking area, setup like a beach bar. Here is the current status of our beer bottle collection. Before any beer snobs make wise cracks, this is strictly the beers that people have drunk here....some questionable selections for sure :-)
    The South Coast Amber by Parish is my favorite of all those.

Gulfbrew is tomorrow at Blackham, if anyone goes by the Parish stand in the middle I'll be pouring from 4:45 to 7:15.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Gulfbrew is tomorrow at Blackham, if anyone goes by the Parish stand in the middle I'll be pouring from 4:45 to 7:15.

via GIPHY

So we have an outdoor cooking area, setup like a beach bar. Here is the current status of our beer bottle collection. Before any beer snobs make wise cracks, this is strictly the beers that people have drunk here....some questionable selections for sure :-)
    Dat Mikes Hard Lemonade looks delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Dat Mikes Hard Lemonade looks delicious.
    LOL right! Hard AF!

Damn. I had no idea it was this weekend. Thanks for the heads up

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

The Bell's Oberon is a first class summer beer. All the Parish stuff is great, especially the GITM. TurboDog from Abita is a good beer as well.

8. Default Re: Summer Beer Thread 2018

Love the expandable nature of the piping.

Hawk- are beers available from both the “sample station” and “ brewers alley” sections? It looks like some of the more specialty beers are in the brewers alley areas
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Hawk- are beers available from both the “sample station” and “ brewers alley” sections? It looks like some of the more specialty beers are in the brewers alley areas
    The middle is for the good ____. Parish will have their store staples in the outer circle. I'm going to have a brewer right next to me for any questions. It's my first time being in the middle pouring, I've always been at one of the outer rings with the much more accessible beers. I'm excited.

The middle is for the good ____. Parish will have their store staples in the outer circle. I'm going to have a brewer right next to me for any questions. It's my first time being in the middle pouring, I've always been at one of the outer rings with the much more accessible beers. I'm excited.
    Gotcha. Thanks. The layout makes sense now. The middle area looks legit

I'm hoping I can make it out tomorrow

$50-75?!? Hard pass. I'll get a nice bottle of bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    $50-75?!? Hard pass. I'll get a nice bottle of bourbon.
    Agree seeing that list.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll drink my weight in Big Fatty, Techeticles, Ghost and Reve because those are all excellent, delicious beers. But every single one of those can be bought at Whole Foods, Nunu’s and/or Marcello’s. Or just drive down the road to the breweries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Agree seeing that list.

Don't get me wrong, I'll drink my weight in Big Fatty, Techeticles, Ghost and Reve because those are all excellent, delicious beers. But every single one of those can be bought at Whole Foods, Nunu's and/or Marcello's. Or just drive down the road to the breweries.
    Yeah.... that's what I'm debating. For $50-75 (plus $17 for my DD to go) I could buy quite a bit of my favorite beers from that list and it would last much longer than 1 night.

But.....I've also never been and always have wanted to go and this weekend I actually can go

15. Default Re: Summer Beer Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    On Tchoupitoulas.

I've enjoyed the beers I've tried from them.
    If you are looking for something to do after the game, you can tour 5 breweries within 5 miles of the dome.

Courtyard brewing on Erato
    Urban South on Tchoup
    Miel one block off Tchoup on sixth
    Nola on Tchoup at eighth street
    Port orleans on Tchoup near Napoleon.

There is also NolaBrewBus.com which runs a private bus that tours these plus more. Never taken it as I have a designated driver in-house.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information