Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer Beer Thread

Default Re: Summer Beer Thread 2018

IPA's are my favorite. There is a Louisiana Brewer's Guild that came together to brew up a Double IPA. Abita brewed it and bottled it. There are fruit notes at first then finished off with a nice hoppy flavor that stays with you. $12 for a 6 pack. I don't know exactly what brewery will do it next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I think its their newest. Same IPA base as Bloom but finished on tropical fruit. You can tell! Lots of pineapple and grapefruit. This and Jucifer from Gnarly Barley are the only IPAs I've tried that I really like.
    Pure Tropics was released once last fall. This years batch is more dialed in IMO.

I bought 2 cases of DDH Ghost on the release day. It is insanely good. Definitely worth the hype

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24822/316306/

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Pure Tropics was released once last fall. This years batch is more dialed in IMO.

I bought 2 cases of DDH Ghost on the release day. It is insanely good. Definitely worth the hype

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24822/316306/
    My main reason for staying away from IPAs is the grassy taste. Not sure if that's from a particular type of hops or an amount. Jucifer and Pure Tropics dont have much of that taste so I'm ok with one or two.
    For stout fans, NuNus has some Dragon Milk.

My main reason for staying away from IPAs is the grassy taste. Not sure if that's from a particular type of hops or an amount. Jucifer and Pure Tropics dont have much of that taste so I'm ok with one or two.

Pure Tropics and Jucifer are what I would consider gateway IPAs. Keep drinking them and you will become a full fledged hop head.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Pure Tropics and Jucifer are what I would consider gateway IPAs. Keep drinking them and you will become a full fledged hop head.
    Jucifer is what got me hooked and on the trail of endless gut and love handle expansion. Learned last week that a ghost has 240 cals.

Nunu's has quite a selection.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Nunu's has quite a selection.
    And the beer guys there are great. They are knowledgeable and super-helpful.

And the beer guys there are great. They are knowledgeable and super-helpful.
    Which location are you referring to? The one in Scott is pretty mediocre

Youngsville

Youngsville
    Thanks.

For the city baws, Marcellos is pretty legit. They have a great selection and will sell anything as an individual bottle/ can

The guys at NuNu’s will sell singles. They also told me that Cigar City is coming to Louisana. Jai Alai is a solid ipa and Maduro is an outstanding brown ale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    The guys at NuNu’s will sell singles. They also told me that Cigar City is coming to Louisana. Jai Alai is a solid ipa and Maduro is an outstanding brown ale.
    got some singles there yesterday... had some Founders Dank Wood, beer aged in bourbon barrels.. quite delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    The problem, as we’re seeing in Texas, is access to FRESH Jai Alai. After about 70-90 days, the malt base becomes more profound than the hop base. Also, we haven’t gotten any Maduro here yet. Just Jai, Gubna Pale Ale and a lager.

To be honest, though, as long as fresh Cocodrie, Holy Roller, Ghost and Jucifer is on the shelves, Jai Alai fresh would be a nice change of pace, but I think a lot of it will shelfturd as people reach for the more local options.

I can buy bud light singles any where lol.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMarineBBK View Post
    I can buy bud light singles any where lol.
    You should try Catahoula Common (Gnarly Barley). Good gateway beer

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information