Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer Beer Thread

Default Re: Summer Beer Thread 2018

Yeungling Light here tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Guys. We had our final tailgate practice today.

Tailgating means drinking for quantity, not quality, especially in this heat. Those IPA's can do a number on you in large quantities.

I must say. The Natty Lights went down smooooth today.

Natty Light?

Whatever works.

Im on a Reverse Pyramid scheme with my training. Im hitting the strong stuff now and will taper down and increase volume as the season gets closer. I like to peak at the right time

Has anyone seen CajunRunner? He usually takes over these threads with daily beer pics

A&W is still the best.

Ghost is a very 'fruity' flavor. Extra hops. I don't normally like the 'fruity flavored' beers but I like it. Yeungling IMO is overrated.
    Anyone going to "Gulf Brew"? All proceeds go to The
    ACA. I've never been but plan to stumble around there this year

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Has anyone seen CajunRunner? He usually takes over these threads with daily beer pics
    You rang? Some coffee needed early this morning as the dinner brisket gets started.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rouse’s in Youngsville has fresh Clownshoes Spacecake IPA brewed with pineapple. Very tasty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    You rang? Some coffee needed early this morning as the dinner brisket gets started.
    I knew you'd show up! I'm getting off to a little later start than you, but I'm going to enjoy a little coffee myself
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    That bomb gets your right... best hangover cure

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    That bomb gets your right... best hangover cure
    I’ve never been much into stouts, but This 2018 KBS is pretty damn good.

My local Rouses has a bunch of Reve that just released. I’m thinking about going to pick some up today. Can anyone give a comparison to Reve and KBS?

Reve is much closer to Founders Breakfast Stout since neither are barrel aged. It is very good great chocolate and coffee flavors.

Love most Parish Brewing beer. Just discovered Founders ( Love Double Trouble) and also just Crying Eagle Louisiana Ale, not too bad either

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    Reve is much closer to Founders Breakfast Stout since neither are barrel aged. It is very good great chocolate and coffee flavors.
    Reve is an excellent beer. Cajun brewings Dark Malz is one of their better offerings and something I would definitely recommend on the "darker" side.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Reve is an excellent beer. Cajun brewings Dark Malz is one of their better offerings and something I would definitely recommend on the "darker" side.
    yeah u right..."Dark Malz" is a nice beer, have a keg of it at the house, they will be bottling it soon too. The "Saint Remi" is not bad either. They are naming 7 beers after the 7 ships that brought the Acadians to Louisiana. So far there is the La Bon Papa (first ship to arrive in La & first beer of the seven ship series), Saint Remi and next is the "La Caroline" which arrive in La in October 1785 and Cajun Brewing will rename its "Octoberfest" to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RCFan View Post
    yeah u right..."Dark Malz" is a nice beer, have a keg of it at the house, they will be bottling it soon too. The "Saint Remi" is not bad either. They are naming 7 beers after the 7 ships that brought the Acadians to Louisiana. So far there is the La Bon Papa (first ship to arrive in La & first beer of the seven ship series), Saint Remi and next is the "La Caroline" which arrive in La in October 1785 and Cajun Brewing will rename its "Octoberfest" to it.
    Wow that is very cool

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information