Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer Beer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by By the River View Post
    If you are looking for something to do after the game, you can tour 5 breweries within 5 miles of the dome.

Courtyard brewing on Erato
    Urban South on Tchoup
    Miel one block off Tchoup on sixth
    Nola on Tchoup at eighth street
    Port orleans on Tchoup near Napoleon.

There is also NolaBrewBus.com which runs a private bus that tours these plus more. Never taken it as I have a designated driver in-house.
    Good suggestions, though I’ll at least inject with the opinion/statement that the owner of Courtyard is an insufferable d-bag who likes to rant about how “backwoods” and behind the times Louisiana’s people are, so I’ll never again put up a dime for any of his beers. Too many delicious beers locally to give his operation any money.

I know that’s all a personal choice, but just a heads up.

Default Re: Summer Beer Thread 2018

If you are looking for something to do after the game, you can tour 5 breweries within 5 miles of the dome.

Urban South on Tchoup

There is also NolaBrewBus.com which runs a private bus that tours these plus more. Never taken it as I have a designated driver in-house.
    How is Port Orleans all I know about them is that its Striefs place

Seems like the price increase scared away lots. Attendance was way down compared to previous years. I had a good time. I ended up at the Tin Roof tent in Brewers Alley cause the wife wouldn't budge on switching from Parish. She got hers, spent the rest of the night puking up whatever she had been drinking while volunteering.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Seems like the price increase scared away lots. Attendance was way down compared to previous years. I had a good time. I ended up at the Tin Roof tent in Brewers Alley cause the wife wouldn't budge on switching from Parish. She got hers, spent the rest of the night puking up whatever she had been drinking while volunteering.
    Unfortunately, My DD (wife) backed out on Saturday. The pricing scared me away because I didn't want to spend 3 hours hanging out by myself. (If I paid $55-75, I would Need to stay the whole time to justify cost)

Also, I didn't even know about it this year until you mentioned it. Was this advertised as much as past years?

I'm thinking last week's storm probably affected it too

Urban South on Tchoup

Parleaux in the Bywater area has very good beer as well

I was down in Nola last week. Didn't Courtyard move (or temp close)? I passed by there on the way to Urban South and Central City BBQ

Can’t believe no Great Raft discussion in here. Right up there w/ Parish.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Never heard of such a thing. Where is this?

Can't believe no Great Raft discussion in here. Right up there w/ Parish.
    They are a top 5 brewery in the state

1. Urban south
    2. Parish
    3. Gnarly Barley
    4. Bayou Teche
    5. Great Raft
    6. NOLA
    7.Flying Tiger Brewery
    8.Crying Eagle
    9. Tin Roof
    10. Abita

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Never heard of such a thing. Where is this?
    Shreveport

Their distribution is spotty in South Louisiana. Their beers are very good when they don't have canning issues

Great Raft and Flying Tiger (Monroe) are the 2 main north Louisiana breweries. Flying Tiger is getting popular with hazy ipas but they don't distribute to Lafayette or LC yet- only BR and NOLA markets in South LA.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Shreveport

Their distribution is spotty in South Louisiana. Their beers are very good when they don't have canning issues

Great Raft and Flying Tiger (Monroe) are the 2 main north Louisiana breweries. Flying Tiger is getting popular with hazy ipas but they don't distribute to Lafayette or LC yet- only BR and NOLA markets in South LA.
    The hazy IPA's are magical

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    They are a top 5 brewery in the state

1. Urban south
    2. Parish
    3. Gnarly Barley
    4. Bayou Teche
    5. Great Raft
    6. NOLA
    7.Flying Tiger Brewery
    8.Crying Eagle
    9. Tin Roof
    10. Abita
    Uh...wow! No! Nola & BR brews are highly overrated. Gnarly Barly is average at best. Most innovative breweries in state are Parish, Great Raft & Flying Tiger & it’s not even close.

I will say this....I had not found a “Sour” beer that I could actually finish until I took a recommendation from bartender @ Social Table & tried Parish SIPS blackberry lemonade variety. Holy shat it was actually refreshing, tart & highly drinkable!

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

No

Uh...wow! No! Nola & BR brews are highly overrated.
    Urban South probably has the most solid lineup of beers in the whole state. Sure another LA brewery might have a beer or two that are better than Urban South's counterpart, but the sum of their brews > any other LA lineup. Don't @ me

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    The hazy IPA's are magical
    The hayze crazye is just stupid these days. Some, like Ghost, are delicious. Others are half-___ efforts by breweries (Tin Roof, half of NOLAs stuff) who know the neck beards will line up for any “juicy” hayze.

Really want to see more fresh West Coast/Mountain Coast style on the shelves. Danky and piney. Eureka Heights MiniBoss in Houston is a really good one, and Bayou Teche hit home runs with Techeticles and Big Fatty.

But then again, my taste buds ARE superior to everyone else in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    The hayze crazye is just stupid these days. Some, like Ghost, are delicious. Others are half-___ efforts by breweries who know the neck beards will line up for any “juicy” hayze.

Really want to see more fresh West Coast/Mountain Coast style on the shelves. Danky and piney. Eureka Heights MiniBoss in Houston is a really good one, and Bayou Teche hit home runs with Techeticles and Big Fatty.
    The bayou teche is my favorite instant good mood elixir

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information