Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Softball Coaching Change

Default Softball Coaching Change

Saw posted on twitter that Joe Guthrie and Courtnie Foster joined UAB's softball staff. I haven't seen it announced yet be the university. I'm looking at this as a lateral move which is surprising.

Default Re: Softball Coaching Change

That is a bit surprising. Best case scenario is that they are making a lot more money. Worst case, Glasco is a huge pain to work for.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Saw posted on twitter that Joe Guthrie and Courtnie Foster joined UAB's softball staff. I haven't seen it announced yet be the university. I'm looking at this as a lateral move which is surprising.
    They have been removed from the Cajun coaching roster.

After coachong with Glasco in the NPF, I know Guthrie and wife joined him after leaving another smaller school to be head coach. Since they had coached with him before, I wouldn't think it would be personality.

Not surprising if you consider the circumstances this program was dealing with last winter. I worried about the size of the staff with the "volunteers" that it may be difficult to hold together.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    That is a bit surprising. Best case scenario is that they are making a lot more money. Worst case, Glasco is a huge pain to work for.
    I know that Foster was a volunteer coach so she may be getting paid at UAB now.

So who is or will be the hitting coach? I believe Ellen Reed is the pitching coach. Does Coach Glasco instruct the hitting portion? What was Joe Guthrie and Courtnie Foster specialty?

UL average attendance 1736, 7th in the country
    UAB average attendance 507, 46th in the country

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post

What am I missing?
    Probably the numbers on the direct deposit receipt 😂.

Has Glasco given us a reason to doubt him thus far?

Good points about they had worked with him in the past. Maybe this was more a case of good friends helping each other out for a year. Haven't seen anything on Twitter from the players (pro or con).

Quiet coaching changes are much better than Headline grabbing changes full of turmoil and over the top drama like a soap opera. imo

New head coach for softball at UAB is Jimmy Kolaitis, assistant for four years at Oregon for Mike White, who is just left Oregon for Texas. Kolaitis was an assistant coach for and graduated from Troy. Also was an assistant coach at South Alabama for Becky Clark - all this from UAB softball website.

UAB has both Joe and Courtney as assistant coaches - two paychecks.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post

What am I missing?
    Kolaitis and Guthrie are best friends. Guthrie and Foster are husband and wife. Courtnay becomes an assistant coach, which is a bigger paycheck. Guthrie has a son from previous relationship living in Alabama. Sufficient reasons for the move?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information