Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Softball Coaching Change

Default Re: Softball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    So who is or will be the hitting coach? I believe Ellen Reed is the pitching coach. Does Coach Glasco instruct the hitting portion? What was Joe Guthrie and Courtnie Foster specialty?
    Gerry's the hitting coach. Joe's titles would be "jack-of-all-trades," "chief cook and bottle washer," "general overseer." His primary duties here would have been defense and helping with the offense. Courtnay worked with the pitchers.

Wish them the best and a thank you for coming help right the ship. Never fault anyone that moves for better career reasons.

Maybe coach Bab and Talbort will move over to softball. Over heard someone talking about this today at Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Maybe coach Bab and Talbort will move over to softball. Over heard someone talking about this today at Academy.
    I know you aren't serious. At least I hope you aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post

That is what I over heard while at Academy. I sure hope that it isn't true. Was just asking if anyone heard the same?

6. Default Re: Softball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Maybe this is the news that MAT has been telling us to wait for about baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    UL average attendance 1736, 7th in the country
    UAB average attendance 507, 46th in the country

What am I missing?
    They are very close friends with the UAB coach and they are both being paid at UAB!

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    UL average attendance 1736, 7th in the country
    UAB average attendance 507, 46th in the country

What am I missing?

i have never been a coach of any sort at any LEVEL (i GUESS THAT MAKES ME AN EXPERT), BUT i'M GOING TO TAKE A WILD GUESS THAT ATTENDANCE IS SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LIST WITH THE COLOR OF MY OFFICE IN DETERMINING WHERE i WANT TO COACH. THAT IS, NEITHER ARE IMPORTANT TO MAKING THAT DECISION, AND BOTH CAN BE CHANGED. (Sorry, I touch type, didn't see that cap lock was on and too lazy to rewrite.)

9. Default Re: Softball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    i have never been a coach of any sort at any LEVEL (i GUESS THAT MAKES ME AN EXPERT), BUT i'M GOING TO TAKE A WILD GUESS THAT ATTENDANCE IS SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LIST WITH THE COLOR OF MY OFFICE IN DETERMINING WHERE i WANT TO COACH. THAT IS, NEITHER ARE IMPORTANT TO MAKING THAT DECISION, AND BOTH CAN BE CHANGED. (Sorry, I touch type, didn't see that cap lock was on and too lazy to rewrite.)
    .yes we can see that you have never coachedin my first gig, I was so disappointed in lack of attendance that I wrote a fight song, played and sang it for the student body, and encouraged them to be a part of it at games!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .yes we can see that you have never coachedin my first gig, I was so disappointed in lack of attendance that I wrote a fight song, played and sang it for the student body, and encouraged them to be a part of it at games!!!
    But, you did coach there, and did try to change the attendance, Thanks, Boomer. You made my point.

11. Default Re: Softball Coaching Change

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    But, you did coach there, and did try to change the attendance, Thanks, Boomer. You made my point.
    OK!!! But I certainly would have seen a greater attendance at another school as a big positive of influence as to my matriculation to another employment venue!!! I think I guess! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Glasco lost his whole coaching staff, hope it aint true about JT and BAB coming over to softball.

Should we be a little concerned about losing the entire coaching staff? I wondered how we could possibly keep all of them, but didn't expect to lose all of them either.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Should we be a little concerned about losing the entire coaching staff? I wondered how we could possibly keep all of them, but didn't expect to lose all of them either.
    Not really both were a husband and wife pair.

15. UL Softball Re: Softball Coaching Change

Regardless we had four now seems zero.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information