Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OT: baseball uniforms

1. Default OT: baseball uniforms

what happened to home team wears white, road team is gray, saw highlights a game where the home team wore all black against a gray road team? i could see wearing black in lieu of your gray, but not if other team has gray....

Default Re: OT: baseball uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    what happened to home team wears white, road team is gray, saw highlights a game where the home team wore all black against a gray road team? i could see wearing black in lieu of your gray, but not if other team has gray....
    Not a black uniform person. NOT OUR COLORS

I don't care what color they are. PLEASE match the numbers to the players' roster numbers. That is so bush league.

Almost any uniform looks good when at the end of the game your team has more runs on the scoreboard than the opponent.

We have had some teams at Russo where white with pale yellow numbers. Just not a match. Can't make out the numbers. Wear black with white numbers. Red with white numbers. Just have a contrast between uniforms and numbers. And dark and light between teams. It's hell when you can't tell the difference between the base runner and defense on the field.

The cutoff uni with pinstripes that we wore the season we went to the CWS was one of our best. Then the solid red with Louisiana on the front and white pants is a pretty good looking uniform too.

7. UL Baseball Re: OT: baseball uniforms

We have two colors, some version of red, and white. If I'd have totally underwritten the cost of the stadium there'd be no black, no cami. But I’m just a small donator so they’re safe.

8. Default Re: OT: baseball uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    I don't care what color they are. PLEASE match the numbers to the players' roster numbers. That is so bush league.
    wow, who had that wrong? was it batting out of order?

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    wow, who had that wrong? was it batting out of order?
    Numerous instances of players wearing numbers other than their roster numbers. Announcers were obviously confused, making us look like idiots who can't even put on the right jersey, which was correct.

I noticed maybe 6 or 8 games, which means it was more than that.

$20 million new ballpark and we can't get the right numbers on players' backs.

10. Default Re: OT: baseball uniforms

Numerous instances of players wearing numbers other than their roster numbers. Announcers were obviously confused, making us look like idiots who can't even put on the right jersey, which was correct.

Exactly correct, and they didn’t bother to update the roster on the website, an easy fix.

Not all of our sets of uniforms have the right numbers..we are wearing really old uniforms sometimes. Getting new uniforms is the easiest fix(not the cheapest) We got a new set almost at the end of the season and i think that was on adidas late delivery. Changing the website isn’t the way to go, it would have to be changed Game by Game.

Almost all of that came before the new uniforms came in. There were several numbers missing. But the issue was compounded by the failure to adjust the roster on the website as a couple of guys wound up with different numbers than originally anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Almost all of that came before the new uniforms came in. There were several numbers missing. But the issue was compounded by the failure to adjust the roster on the website as a couple of guys wound up with different numbers than originally anticipated.
    TSMS: Three Stooges Management System. We look like complete morons. I listened to an opponent's announcer actually say "Now pinch hitting, Brennan Breaux......Hmmm.... no stats on Brennan." There is no excuse for that. Add that to the fact we were hitting about a buck eighty at the time. I think I changed the channel to Hogan's Heroes.

I listened to our announcers try to figure out who was pinch hitting in Ramos' jersey. "Is that Ramos? No, that's um, uh...." If it was ULM we would call them idiots.

Just put the players' names on the back. All of our teams should do that, looks much better and classier.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Just put the players' names on the back. All of our teams should do that, looks much better and classier.
    This. I do not know why this isn't done across all sports. Must be an economic issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information