Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: Basketball Expectations

Default Re: Basketball Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    People need to get over this idea of “big” wins.

ULM beat Alabama a few years ago. Their program still sucks ___.
    A few postseason win would be nice and not getting bounced out early in the CIT, CBI, NCAA, and NIT

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    CBS vs A sketchy sports betting site
    Or this one?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.verview/page/3

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    SOS 229

4. Default Re: Basketball Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    Expectations should be same as softball. Win conference every year for 15 out of 16 years and win conference tournament 14 out of 16 years . Advance to regionals and super regionals and World Series .
    Basketball- win conference 15 out of 16 years and win conference tournament 14 out of 16 years , make NCAA tourney and on occasion win a couple to 3 games in the tournament . Same for FOOTBALL,BASEBALL, VOLLEYBALL, SOCCER, TRACK ,TENNIS , GOLF , ALL SPORTS . NO PASSES BECAUSE THAT PARTICULAR SPORT ISNT IMPORTANT.
    Kaplan better not slide in football 🤔

5. Default Re: Basketball Expectations

It was raining but it was a big win .
    Name a basketball big win , rain or no rain
    We should give him a chance to win one in the rain before we rain on him too hard.

Different game Vic I can’t pick my players or coaches . My little stadium is packed and there are a few disgruntled fans .
    But if I could recruit and pick my own staff, and was making hand over fist dollars , you are right,I should be relieved .
    In fact I would demand no buyout .
    Maybe , Dr Maggert could have gotten a steal of a deal with me as the coach .
    100,000 dollars , no buyout !!

7. Default Re: Basketball Expectations

Different game Vic I can’t pick my players or coaches . My little stadium is packed and there are a few disgruntled fans .
    But if I could recruit and pick my own staff, and was making hand over fist dollars , you are right,I should be relieved .
    In fact I would demand no buyout .
    You can't tell me that with a school full of brauny kids that can shovel black jack, carry crawfish sacks, wrestle cattle and bite the heads off of water moccasins that you can't pick your players.

Good players make Good coaches.
    But they have to believe in the cause and willing to go above and beyond the call of duty .This is why the TEAM that plays together will always beat a more talented selfish bunch of players !!

SOS 229
    THe non conference SOS was in the 150's. That's the only part that can be controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You can't tell me that with a school full of brauny kids that can shovel black jack, carry crawfish sacks, wrestle cattle and bite the heads off of water moccasins that you can't pick your players.
    Not all those kids want any thing to do with football. It’s not as easy as you think .

11. Default Re: Basketball Expectations

Not all those kids want any thing to do with football. It’s not as easy as you think .
    You are a good coach, so I hear. There is your opportunity.

HeHeHe . I just want all sports to be held in high regards .
    Set the bar high . Don’t be satisfied till you reach the top . Then when you reach the top , do it again and again Perfection, no passes

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    We might have the talent but is the schedule setup to be a top 100 rpi team
    The new scheduling will definitely help.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I think it’s debatable that the state of K-States football team at that time was comparable to Marlin beating LaTech couple years back when the series started.Tech was winning a lot of games and was flirting with Top 25 status.my memory could be off though.can’t think of any other solid wins outside of beating GA State to make the dance
    K-State had been to bowl games in recent seasons under Coach Snyder. They might have been down, but they were certainly the best win for UL since the Texas A&M game. Tech had not been to any NCAA tournaments, but they are a rival and the game had more meaning from that perspective.

15. Default Re: Basketball Expectations

An RPI of 61 says they massively outperformed their SOS.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information