Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Expectations

Default Re: Basketball Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Note the MTE allows you to play 31 games instead of the normal 29. We will still play two non D1 games at home to hopefully bring us to 15. We are still looking for one more D1 home game. We likely will have 16 on the road. That means we play 29 (13 home-16 road) D1 games which are used in RPI-just like teams that don't play in an MTE and don't have non D1 games. Not that RPI means as much anymore.
    Good news, Mike. But the RPI will still be used as a way to shut out mid majors. The power conferences dont like that some mid majors are learning how to schedule to improve RPI, so they are de emphazising it, and putting more weignt on quadrant 1 and 2 record; which is heavily slanted to favor power conference teams. But next year some mid major with a good q1 and 2 record will be left out because their RPI isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Looks like we play Kansas Nov 16th this year we lose by 40
    Friday, Nov. 16: Louisiana (NIT Season Tip-Off) — 7 p.m. — Allen Fieldhouse

Off KU site.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Good news, Mike. But the RPI will still be used as a way to shut out mid majors. The power conferences dont like that some mid majors are learning how to schedule to improve RPI, so they are de emphazising it, and putting more weignt on quadrant 1 and 2 record; which is heavily slanted to favor power conference teams. But next year some mid major with a good q1 and 2 record will be left out because their RPI isnt good enough.
    No argument with this post.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Friday, Nov. 16: Louisiana (NIT Season Tip-Off) — 7 p.m. — Allen Fieldhouse

Off KU site.
    The Phog is a historic basketball arena. Glad the team gets that experience.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    This is 100% accurate. If a G5 has a great RPI and Q1 and Q2 wins, their uniform color wont be right. It must be nice to be able to rig the game as you are playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    The last time we played over there we had an NCAA tournament team and lost by 50. Hope this time around is a little different

Quote Originally Posted by RcL8 View Post
    The last time we played over there we had an NCAA tournament team and lost by 50. Hope this time around is a little different
    We are 1-1 all time against KU!
    https://kuathletics.com/news/2018/6/.ent=1530111611

8. Default

The team?? Y’all MFers better make the trip I will have family in tote.

Work with a KU alum. Told him I’d bet him if he spots me 40.lol

Larry freakin’ Brown if I remember right. And Scott Skyles with Michigan St or was that another year? I do remember the PA guy couldn’t smooch Brown’s backside enough that weekend.

11. Default Re: Basketball Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Larry freakin’ Brown if I remember right. And Scott Skyles with Michigan St or was that another year? I do remember the PA guy couldn’t smooch Brown’s backside enough that weekend.
    .Did Kansas do us in with Lamar?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Nope per the press release. We beat them in 1983 in New Orleans. That was in the Sugar Bowl basketball tournament if I remember correctly.

You remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    You remember correctly.
    Thanks 84. Thought so,

It was nice beating the legendary hired gun of the coaching profession. Jud Heathcote was the MSU coach. Back to back nights, Cajuns beat two legendary coaches.

Tournaments like that would never happen today.two known power programs coming into a non power conference team’s back yard with the reputation they’d probably take the big boys down. Perfect example of how the landscape of college basketball has changed and the challenges the non power conference teams face.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Kansas State

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information