Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: BB SBC-T G2 Final: Louisiana 1, Troy 10

Default Re: BB SBC-T G2 Final: Louisiana 1, Troy 10

Me thinks CajunAlum10 probably had a few too many beverages before that post.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's relax. Last night/this morning sucked. There is room for criticism. We got our butts kicked. The circumstances were tough on a team that played 2 games over 2 separate days. Fans get frustrated, it happens. That's why they are fan(atics.) Don't get too high or too low on forum banter. Take it for what it is, opinion that's often fueled by emotion.

Default Re: SBC G10: Troy vs Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAlum10 View Post
    I've got news for some of you low life nice guys. Y'all are being pretty harsh on our guys after being up for almost 20 hours straight. F y'all. Really. We've won 5 games in a row before tonight. Ran into a wall physically after the last 24 hours which have been some of the craziest circumstances possible.

If y'all can't see that and still be proud of our team up until this point without bashing them saying they are "clueless at the plate", then it just shows why so many people consider this ____ing message board a joke. Get a life.

These guys have poured their all into this season and have turned it around into a team we can be proud of. If we fall short, so be it. But leave the f'd up snide remarks at home with your sorry asses that weren't even there in person to watch. Go back to your naps and sleep, fair weather nice guys.
    I was there from start to finish last night (didn't get home until almost 2:30 AM), and I will never deny that our guys always put 100% in everything they do on the field.

With that being said, fan forums are places for fans to vent. MAT started a thread earlier in the season that it might not be the best place for a current player, parent, or coach to come and lurk here because they obviously will not like what's posted. And yes, some of the criticisms go a little too far at times. But yet, some might be warranted depending on the situation. When there's many fans on this board that donate their money and buy season tickets, they become like a customer in a restaurant. If the food isn't good, they have a right to complain. If our play on the field doesn't compliment the amount of money that they are spending, they have a right to sometimes constructively criticize and ask questions. It's human nature to do that.

Last night was rough. Let's start there. I, for one, knew that winning this tournament would've been a tough task because I was afraid that some of our inconsistencies all season would come back to bite us. And it did last night. I also knew the risk we were taking with the times because let's admit it, any tournament game NEVER starts on time except for the first one of the day. But I will never say that our guys didn't try because they are a team that has not given up throughout the year. Do I think we still have a shot to win this thing? Yes, we have pulled this off before in the same scenario (see 2015). Will it be hard? Absolutely.

So let's get the bickering out of the way and start fresh tonight by beating Texas State.

I've got news for some of you low life nice guys. Y'all are being pretty harsh on our guys after being up for almost 20 hours straight. F y'all. Really. We've won 5 games in a row before tonight. Ran into a wall physically after the last 24 hours which have been some of the craziest circumstances possible.

If y'all can't see that and still be proud of our team up until this point without bashing them saying they are "clueless at the plate", then it just shows why so many people consider this ____ing message board a joke. Get a life.

These guys have poured their all into this season and have turned it around into a team we can be proud of. If we fall short, so be it. But leave the f'd up snide remarks at home with your sorry asses that weren't even there in person to watch. Go back to your naps and sleep, fair weather nice guys.
    You need to crawl out from under the dugout more often. this is the most player friendly message board in the world.

I don't want to take anything from Troy (or Crane) because they played well, but I agree that the game being played last night was not a fair decision, especially considering the 7 hours of available time today before the first game. Cajuns played a five hour game over a 14 hour period (which included late night and morning), then coming back 12 hours later at night to play a game starting at 10:45pm. That is an absurd schedule. Some may call it an excuse, but its a fact that no team would play well with that schedule. Its biology. They are athletes. Not robots.

I’m just saying I know last night was tough but we need a least one pitcher today to buckle down and pitch well. its supposed to be our strength and no one has pitched well this whole tournament

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Me thinks CajunAlum10 probably had a few too many beverages before that post.
    You are right I had some beverages. But, being at work for 8:30 this morning and still thinking back to last night, I would defend our team again and again. I just think it's funny coming back to the message board after that long ___ day and see comments making it sound like our team just sucked ___ or something. Does nobody remember the grudge match that took place against Little Rock? I mean come on, it's understandable to lose a game to a very good Troy team.

If I overreacted in my defense of the players, so be it. I have been thoroughly impressed with the second half of the season we have put together and I'll stand by them until the fat lady sings just like I do every year.

See you fools at the ballpark tonight. Let's go win this damn thing the hard way. I'm still confident, we will battle back. Book it.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Very good posts gentlemen. And I'm not up/down on CajunAlum10's post any more than anyone else's. He makes a point. I just dislike categorical derogatory attacks against this fan forum and/or our fan base in general.

I'm in the camp with that late game being a FUBAR decision. I'm not excusing how flat we played.

Let's hope our sails catch some wind today. The hill we have ahead of us is mighty steep. but steeper hills can be and have been climbed.

9. Default Re: BB SBC-T G2 Final: Louisiana 1, Troy 10

You are right I had some beverages. But, being at work for 8:30 this morning and still thinking back to last night, I would defend our team again and again. I just think it's funny coming back to the message board after that long ___ day and see comments making it sound like our team just sucked ___ or something. Does nobody remember the grudge match that took place against Little Rock? I mean come on, it's understandable to lose a game to a very good Troy team.

If I overreacted in my defense of the players, so be it. I have been thoroughly impressed with the second half of the season we have put together and I'll stand by them until the fat lady sings just like I do every year.

See you fools at the ballpark tonight. Let's go win this damn thing the hard way. I'm still confident, we will battle back. Book it.
    BC, do you throw Nick Lee today or save him for a possible game with Troy tomorrow?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    BC, do you throw Nick Lee today or save him for a possible game with Troy tomorrow?
    I'm not BC. but is TXST out of high caliber arms (hoping so)?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I’m not BC either, but I’d throw Austin Perrin against Texas State with Lee a possible long relief option if it comes to that. But save Nick Lee for a possible rematch with Troy. Troy had their way with the lefty arms last night so I’d rather throw Nick Lee at them to change it up.

And for the record, I don’t necessarily consider that “saving” nick Lee for them, I just think Perrin might be a better matchup against Texas State.

12. Default Re: BB SBC-T G2 Final: Louisiana 1, Troy 10

I'm not BC either, but I'd throw Austin Perrin against Texas State with Lee a possible long relief option if it comes to that. But save Nick Lee for a possible rematch with Troy. Troy had their way with the lefty arms last night so I'd rather throw Nick Lee at them to change it up.

And for the record, I don't necessarily consider that "saving" nick Lee for them, I just think Perrin might be a better matchup against Texas State.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lol who’s BC?

14. Default Re: BB SBC-T G2 Final: Louisiana 1, Troy 10

Lol who’s BC?
    Exactly.

I’m not BC either, but I’d throw Austin Perrin against Texas State with Lee a possible long relief option if it comes to that. But save Nick Lee for a possible rematch with Troy. Troy had their way with the lefty arms last night so I’d rather throw Nick Lee at them to change it up.

And for the record, I don’t necessarily consider that “saving” nick Lee for them, I just think Perrin might be a better matchup against Texas State.
    Perrin started game 3 against TXST and only lasted 1.2. Gave up 4 ER. Maybe he’ll be a better matchup at Russo

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information