Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Could the Ragin’ Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Default Re: Could the Ragin’ Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Ok we build a press box that doesn’t exceed 51% of the total cost of the structure, Press box would be a new project right? SEZ is one, and press box is another?
    Anything we build will be 200%+ no getting around it

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Anything we build will be 200%+ no getting around it
    Would you have to get the entire structure to code all at once? This is something we could be putting money into for a generation. So we would have to all at once redo the home side, and press box, and visitor side. We couldn’t do the home side, then redo the top deck and press box, and then come back and redo the visitor side later on?

Sounds better than slamming 250 million into a new stadium

Would you have to get the entire structure to code all at once? This is something we could be putting money into for a generation. So we would have to all at once redo the home side, and press box, and visitor side. We couldn’t do the home side, then redo the top deck and press box, and then come back and redo the visitor side later on?

Sounds better than slamming 250 million into a new stadium
    I think we demo the home side instead of building a new stadium but everything has to be done at once before we can use it

So the visitor side is still good? Like if we wanted to use the visitor side after we build the home side or would that have to be rebuilt to? We could still use it but be completed at a later date?

For the home side we couldn’t just rebuild the bottom and then come back and redo the top deck, it would all have to be completed ?

Where is Boone Pickens when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Temporary Tax. Like the airport. Get public support and interest. Bill it as the new jewel of Lafayette. People will flock to see what's new in town (especially in lafayette). While they're here, we'll treat them to some winning football. It's brilliant.

Also, start charging all the events here (Mardi Gras, Car Show, etc) what they need to be charged, and make more $$$ to pay for it.
    Airport tax was $0.01 and didn't include drugs or food and they were able to raise $32M in 8 months. So round numbers, if you can get it approved is $50M/year.

That is a pretty good starting point as far as funding and being able to borrow against that revenue stream once approved. Getting it approved, that is the tough part.

The first thing you need when building something is a budget. Until we have one we have no idea what we can realistically do. We desperately need new suites (revenue) and a press box. Let’s see from the administration how much this will cost.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    The first thing you need when building something is a budget. Until we have one we have no idea what we can realistically do. We desperately need new suites (revenue) and a press box. Let’s see from the administration how much this will cost.
    I heard when Ray Authement retired he had like over 150 million saved up from the UL Foundation, and that is what we used for new campus construction, rebuilding the dorms etc. when Dr. Savoie took over.

Maybe he knew about the situation and was just going to drop 150 million into a new stadium any takers?

9. Default Re: Could the Ragin’ Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Temporary Tax. Like the airport. Get public support and interest. Bill it as the new jewel of Lafayette. People will flock to see what's new in town (especially in lafayette). While they're here, we'll treat them to some winning football. It's brilliant.

Also, start charging all the events here (Mardi Gras, Car Show, etc) what they need to be charged, and make more $$$ to pay for it.
    Sounds more like a brain fart to me.

They can't find money to fund TOPS, Universities and Health Care and there is going to be a tax passed to build a football stadium???

I have some beach front property in Bunkie to sell you.

So the visitor side is still good? Like if we wanted to use the visitor side after we build the home side or would that have to be rebuilt to? We could still use it but be completed at a later date?

For the home side we couldn’t just rebuild the bottom and then come back and redo the top deck, it would all have to be completed ?
    No everything outside of the SEZ is out of code and needs to be redone

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    No everything outside of the SEZ is out of code and needs to be redone
    Could we do it incrementally is what my questions is? Updating it over time? I am guessing no.

Which is hard to believe that they wouldn’t allow it if it is going towards actually getting the structure up to code.

Still trying to wrap my head around that.

If a stadium tax would ever be put to vote...I would have to delete all social media for the months prior to election date...and months post-passed tax...I wouldn’t be able to take the uneducated, backhanded comments about our beloved university...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

They can't find money to fund TOPS, Universities and Health Care and there is going to be a tax passed to build a football stadium???

Unfortunately when one of the first actions as the newly elected governor is to add 200K people to the Medicaid roles without any funding, it's not surprising we have even more of a shortfall in funding for health care in this state. And that is after he has raised $2.6 Billion in new taxes and fees in two short years.

There is no way any stadium tax will be approved in light of more state taxes and now parish taxes are renewed or approved.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

State government’s budget and local tax are totally separate things Vickie..

I don't think all the LSU alumni in the area would vote for a tax for our Stadium. That's a lot of votes against that I don't think could be overcome.

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information