Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: Could the Ragin’ Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Default Re: Could the Ragin’ Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    With a structure built 45+ years ago, that's a pretty low number in today's dollars, right?
    I know the SEZ project was extremly close to triggering us to have to get everything up to code

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    OK. So, we built the South end zone project, knowing we had these Code issues?
    Before anyone else does, I'll ask another question: who was the AD in charge of that project?

OK. So, we built the South end zone project, knowing we had these Code issues?
    Yes why the project HAD to be kept under a certain amount and why we have temporary concessions on that side

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    No one is showing up because of a grass hill. Build a kids park and make it even better. Not to mention safer.
    I can tell you I did and so did many of my friends and family. Love the grass hill!

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I can tell you I did and so did many of my friends and family. Love the grass hill!
    So why not go during non football times and have the hill to yourself? Not to mention free. Don't need a pesky game getting in the way of hill sliding. 😁

So why not go during non football times and have the hill to yourself? Not to mention free. Don't need a pesky game getting in the way of hill sliding. 😁
    If this was a thing, we would have done it. In hindsight I’m just glad none of my kids got hurt or hurt anyone else. They did ____ off plenty of people over the years.

Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

They are not limited to the home side by any stretch.
    That is correct. The upper deck and lower bowl on both sides are out of code. The most glaring thing being the slope of the stadium. That's why the SEZ is at a different slope than the rest of the stadium. The slope has everything to do with the seat pitch and height difference between rows. The aisle width is not correct either. Look at the difference between the SEZ and the old section of the stadium the next time you are at the stadium. The difference is obvious and significant.

If you go to certain areas of the front row of the lower seating, don't look at the retaining wall it will freak you out if you understand what is going on. Don't drop anything in the cracks in the joints either, you won't get it back. There is a reason why they have plates over the joints as you enter the seating in the lower bowl. They were built flush but are trip hazards now.

Exposed rebar in the upper deck and bowl is rusting, but any rebar totally encased in concrete is probably ok. The concrete acts as a protection. Some of the rusting you see are the feet of continuous chairs used to hold the rebar up from the form work and is nothing to worry about. Other areas are significant but nobody has seen fit to condemn the upper deck yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    That is correct. The upper deck and lower bowl on both sides are out of code. The most glaring thing being the slope of the stadium. That's why the SEZ is at a different slope than the rest of the stadium. The slope has everything to do with the seat pitch and height difference between rows. The aisle width is not correct either. Look at the difference between the SEZ and the old section of the stadium the next time you are at the stadium. The difference is obvious and significant.

If you go to certain areas of the front row of the lower seating, don't look at the retaining wall it will freak you out if you understand what is going on. Don't drop anything in the cracks in the joints either, you won't get it back. There is a reason why they have plates over the joints as you enter the seating in the lower bowl. They were built flush but are trip hazards now.

Exposed rebar in the upper deck and bowl is rusting, but any rebar totally encased in concrete is probably ok. The concrete acts as a protection. Some of the rusting you see are the feet of continuous chairs used to hold the rebar up from the form work and is nothing to worry about. Other areas are significant but nobody has seen fit to condemn the upper deck yet.
    So we would have to replace the entire home and visitor side ?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post

Thank you for the info Helmut.

Well, why in the bloody heck did we waste all of that money on the SEZ? Aren't we going to HAVE TO build a new stadium from scratch?

If this is the case, then we are going top end up with an FAU erector set stadium built where Tailgating is now.

Thank you for the info Helmut.

Well, why in the bloody heck did we waste all of that money on the SEZ? Aren't we going to HAVE TO build a new stadium from scratch?
    Do you know who our AD was at the time ?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Do you know who our AD was at the time ?
    Ok so how much is this gonna cost if we redo Cajun field versus actually building a brand new freaking stadium.

Personally I like Cajun Field and we need to try to renovate it before we scrap it

This is what I call a disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Ok so how much is this gonna cost if we redo Cajun field versus actually building a brand new freaking stadium.

Personally I like Cajun Field and we need to try to renovate it before we scrap it

This is what I call a disaster!
    Apparently, according to the construction guys here, it will cost less to build to code from scratch than it would be to get the existing stadium to code.

If we rebuild we talking upwards up to 50 to 60 million dollars, that’s depressing when considered that could of been used to actually fix up Cajun Field!

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    We should not have spent money on the end zone seats if we were building a new stadium. I hope we tear down the upper deck and put suites/press box on both sidelines. I would like to see everyone closer to the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    If we rebuild we talking upwards up to 50 to 60 million dollars, that’s depressing when considered that could of been used to actually fix up Cajun Field!
    CSU new stadium is the plan I want us to follow and that cost about $250 mill

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information