Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Could the Ragin’ Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Default Re: Could the Ragin' Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Where would they build a brand new stadium? If in the same place they would be displaced for at least 1 season maybe 2.
    You know, when I read the al.com article, and saw his comments about the stadium, I did not take it to mean that he was proposing to build an entirely new facilityonly that after the delays since 2013 he was going to do a feasibility study to fund the proposed renovations, or a revised plan of some sort.
    Not sure if everyone else took it to mean he was thinking about a brand new stadium altogether.

Default Re: Could the Ragin’ Cajuns be getting a new football stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    If they build a new stadium and get rid of the old for parking, how much dirt will it take to fill the hole left behind? So no new stadium for that reason.
    It was stupid building a bowl below sea level in south Louisiana in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    You know, when I read the al.com article, and saw his comments about the stadium, I did not take it to mean that he was proposing to build an entirely new facilityonly that after the delays since 2013 he was going to do a feasibility study to fund the proposed renovations, or a revised plan of some sort.
    Not sure if everyone else took it to mean he was thinking about a brand new stadium altogether.
    I did not take it as a brand new stadium (doubt we build a new one ) but it's a fun idea to run with and might be more of a possibility than we think

Dr. Maggard did mention on Jay's show about three or four weeks ago about the feasibility study. He mentioned that it would take about 6-8 weeks to complete and would start very soon. I'm not sure what his very soon is versus my very soon, but I'd think it would be already started. If so, maybe by the start of football season we will see something new.

Then in his other interview where he's on his couch, he mentioned that he was going to look at Cajun Field in totality. By that I'm interpreting more than just a new pressbox.

Wait we cant build a new stadium we would mess up the car show Cant have that

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I did not take it as a brand new stadium (doubt we build a new one ) but it's a fun idea to run with and might be more of a possibility than we think
    Agreedalthough i like the idea, or at least thinking about it, I had not in the least took that from his comments when I first read them, so was a little shocked to read this article.

But now thinking about it, it may well be just as feasible to build a new one rather than try to bring the current up to code, etc. And of course, it could go in the area where the Car show was just located. Plenty of room, and little disruption while it is going upwe could park at blackham, etc., and just shuttle for one season. The students park in the north EZ parking lot.

We should not have spent money on the end zone seats if we were building a new stadium. I hope we tear down the upper deck and put suites/press box on both sidelines. I would like to see everyone closer to the field.

We are not going to flush the millions of dollars put into the South end zone project.

Whatever code problems there are, they are limited to the home side structure.

If there is a need to tear down the entire home side structure, I'll bet you'll see a similar end zone project done in the North end zone and the home side season tickets moved there and to the visitor side until construction is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    We are not going to flush the millions of dollars put into the South end zone project.

No if the project cost 51% of the original structure cost to build you have to update the entire structure to code.

It was stupid building a bowl below sea level in south Louisiana in the first place
    Are there structural issues with the current lower bowl? I have no engineering experience whatsoever but it just seems like the perfect blank canvas to build whatever you want on top of it.

If there is a need to tear down the entire home side structure, I'll bet you'll see a similar end zone project done in the North end zone and the home side season tickets moved there and to the visitor side until construction is complete.
    Hoping they keep the grass, it really encourages fans with children to attend/stay. I think in today’s climate where the game is secondary to the experience, the grass is a good way to attract those types of people.

No if the project cost 51% of the original structure cost to build you have to update the entire structure to code.
    With a structure built 45+ years ago, that's a pretty low number in today's dollars, right?

They are not limited to the home side by any stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Hoping they keep the grass, it really encourages fans with children to attend/stay. I think in today’s climate where the game is secondary to the experience, the grass is a good way to attract those types of people.
    No one is showing up because of a grass hill. Build a kids park and make it even better. Not to mention safer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    They are not limited to the home side by any stretch.
    OK. So, we built the South end zone project, knowing we had these Code issues?

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information